• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

anyone go to the 49er rally this past weekend?

U

USERNAME

anyone go? anyone got any pics? i heard kbasa and mrs. kbasa were there. it's unusual for him to not post a little ride report... hmmmm.... :stick

Yep. Sure did. Ran into some MOA folks, that's for sure.

Here's a certain blonde girl following me down I80, on the way to Auburn.

4693150-M.jpg

This was pretty much party central for the weekend. Slaniac brought up a whole bunch of beer, which we all consumed. I don't think there was a six pack left by Monday morning. We done good.

4693158-M.jpg

Er, ah, what's all this? A turbocharged and intercooled Mazda rotary motor making 300hp?!!!

4693179-M.jpg

We had the usual collection of motorcycles. The GS seems to be fairly popular out here in the Big West.

4693198-M.jpg

fish was there, of course. It's always fun to knock back a couple of SNPAs with my Farallon Island friend.

Hiya fish!

:wave

4693207-M.jpg

The weather? Well, let's just say the weather didn't suck.

Not one little bit.

4693219-M.jpg

Hey Gerg, wake up. We went for dinner at the Mexican joint in town. Great food, that's for sure. Tina had a margarita. Woo!

4693222-M.jpg

We had lots of digital cameras too. Here, me, fish and the mayor or Santa Barbara take our picture(s).

Or something.

4693244-M.jpg

And then, after dinner, we had to hang around and get rid of more of that evil demon alchohol some more. Rockin Robin and Motor Mike brought their bar.

We don't care how you do it elsewhere. This is how you do it in the Sierras.

4693256-M.jpg

That's GSMullins over there on the left, Tina standing, Deuce in the green shirt and Gerg with the hat on facing away.

After a while, we played the "flaming shots of Sambuca game".

Oh boy.

rlovingjr demonstrates how.

4695138-M.jpg

This probably doesn't look too good does it? I mean, here I am putting up this trip report and so far, it's all been about partying.

Well, that's what we did. At least on Friday night.

4695155-M.jpg

Saturday, we went on the Poker Run and suffered through some of the awful roads we have here in California. They're horrible. Stay away. California is bad. Bad weather. Bad roads. Miserable people. No beer. Ugly wimmen.

4697218-M.jpg

Back