• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Highway pegs

Any recommendations for brand of highway pegs for R1200RT?

The Sahara brand ELF pegs are what I put on my R1200RT. You can buy them from Cycle Gadgets ( .com ) or perhaps your local BMW dealer, as I did ($350).

When straightline winds (70 MPH) slapped me down near Spearfish, SD on the way to the Rally, the force of the bike flopping over busted up one of the ELF pegs pretty badly - actually tore the metal in half.

As luck would have it, the vendor for Sahara was at the Gillette Rally, and sold me the individual one I needed, as well as installed it.

Love them and hope you discover them as well.

Good Luck!

The Sahara brand ELF pegs are what I put on my R1200RT. You can buy them from Cycle Gadgets ( .com ) or perhaps your local BMW dealer, as I did ($350).

Love them and hope you discover them as well.

Good Luck!

+1

I had these installed at the rally as well, not that it was a hard installation, but they offered so why not. On the way back from Gillette I had many opportunities to try them. On Sunday, our warmest day on the road, I found putting my feet out on the pegs deflected more air up to my body and provided additional "cooling". I like the fact they fold out of the way and blend in nicely with the bike. I also put a set on the SO's R1200 CL.

Talon foot pegs by Hawks Products......they bolt onto the valve cover bolts. I love mine. Much less expensive than Elf.

Back