• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

GS Trials Event at the Rally on Saturday

PacWestGS

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES
I don't know all the names (of the riders), but it was great to be part of this. I'm sure some would have hoped I left, however Randy is a convincing person and he twisted my arm to unload the bike. I had (very) briefly considered leaving everything on to make it fair(er), but Mike (OUTBACKUFO) sceeeered me.

There are many many more on my Smuggy account: http://PacWestGS.smugmug.com/gallery...35952626_QrYXK

335952626_QrYXK-L.jpg

and no, it wasn't an "easy" course, Randy did a great job setting up something on short notice...

335953099_jWJK4-L.jpg

Ready, set, GO!
335953307_UMnDD-L.jpg

335953459_X5HNo-L.jpg

335954482_FXv4N-L.jpg

335954637_cDFtb-L.jpg

Next up...
335955374_X3vd4-L.jpg

Ooops... (Nice save, that was a long way down)
335955342_T7PSo-L.jpg

335956271_mYocU-L.jpg

335956628_p2qrU-L.jpg

Mike (OUTBACKUFO) wanted me to shoot with his camera, but I snuck this one in:
335956952_KsL78-L.jpg

Youth and exuberance, and a very sweet airhead - no not the rider - the bike!
336023013_vDtZ7-L.jpg

336024390_rXA8j-L.jpg

336024323_B6iUe-L.jpg

336025057_yWtgR-L.jpg

336025491_UsdSx-L.jpg

Maybe you are now 'BUSTED' but I can assure your Dad the bike (and rider) did well!!!

Some more...

336026098_sxJJM-L.jpg

336026134_Virqk-L.jpg

Big rocks lurked beneath the grass -

336026701_mdpuh-L.jpg

Skidplate tester -

336026842_xxiox-L.jpg

Oh yeah baby, let's get some air! (which made it really hard to make the next course direction :lol)

336026826_oPjx3-L.jpg

A lot of fun was had by all - participants and spectators alike... :clap

here is some more of the trials...

Randy (Polarbear) showing the route
randy.jpg

young Nick showing how to do it via a road cycle
Nick1.jpg

Yellow GS
yelgs.jpg

Me riding... thanks Russ for the images
me2.jpg

me4.jpg

me1.jpg

Some of the cycles
gss.jpg

Russ in his winning run...
russ6.jpg

russ5.jpg

russ4.jpg

russ3.jpg

Russ1.jpg

:clap

I'm bummed that I got there late. It was awesome to watch y'all banging through the course Randy (Polarbear) laid out.

:clap

I'm bummed that I got there late. It was awesome to watch y'all banging through the course Randy (Polarbear) laid out.

i was impressed with how randy handled this event.

i just wish i rode my G/SPD to the rally. i wasn't interested in taking the 1150 pig out one that course.

:bowdown to those that did

ian

i was impressed with how randy handled this event.

i just wish i rode my G/SPD to the rally. i wasn't interested in taking the 1150 pig out one that course.

:bowdown to those that did

ian

:D

It was a LOT of fun to bang around the course on the big GS - though if my shocks were done before the rally launching off that one jump finished them. :ha

Glad with smiles:)

Randy "Polarbear" here and another big rally behind us:). My wife, Gini and I made it home Friday after dark to Clovis, CA. and all is well. We had a lot of fun riding the m/x course on Thursday/Friday and doing the Saturday setup for the Trials Course for all to enjoy on the big GS's. A ton of fun, imo. I'm glad to see many pictures here posted from those participating and others. Thanks to all for doing this, for all the 'MOA club to enjoy:). PacWestGS and Knary are great and very good offroaders on their respective GS's and all the others too, riding this event. 1st Place; Russell Mosher of Tacoma,WA on a 1200GSA..2ndPlace; Wade Stoughton of Morgantown,W.VA. and a F650 Dakar( age 60 something:)), 3rd Place; Mike Rand of carbondale, Colorado and his 1150GS and 4th to a young man(teen) riding a street bike, R100R, Nick Schmitz of Minot, N.Dakota. These are great riders and a course I found to be adequate for really good riders with better than average dirt experience on BIG bikes:). My hats off to all of them. Another day, we'll meet again. THX, Randy,"Polarbear" and my wife Gini for the start gate data on these folks:)......:clap :clap :clap

Will from Mass. here (first to eat dirt on the course!), back home after 6000 miles and a slight case of monkey butt...
Thanks again for all that put together this trials ride, had a blast and actually put some of those skills to the test on the way home.... did a couple hundred more dirt miles, including a wrong turn that put me in some hairy stuff (but the gps says this is a road..) alone and way out. Figured if I could finish Randy's course, this is a cinch... and it was.
Hope all had a nice ride home.
Maybe we can set up something in Tenn.??

Oh yeah, at the closing ceremonies, a GS oriented free rally in the Catskills was mentioned for October. Anybody know where one can get more info?

Will from Mass. here (first to eat dirt on the course!), back home after 6000 miles and a slight case of monkey butt...
Thanks again for all that put together this trials ride, had a blast and actually put some of those skills to the test on the way home.... did a couple hundred more dirt miles, including a wrong turn that put me in some hairy stuff (but the gps says this is a road..) alone and way out. Figured if I could finish Randy's course, this is a cinch... and it was.
Hope all had a nice ride home.
Maybe we can set up something in Tenn.??

Oh yeah, at the closing ceremonies, a GS oriented free rally in the Catskills was mentioned for October. Anybody know where one can get more info?

More info will be in the upcoming ON and also shortly on the site (within the day if you get the newsletter).

Back