• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Kenwood FRS mount

BarkSlayer

I'm using the recommended Kenwood FRS radio for bike-to-bike communications through my Autocom and would like to know where/how others are mounting the radio. I also use the Autocom PTT switch (because the VOX is so unreliable). Does anyone make a good looking mount for both the radio and the PTT switch that uses the (unused) mirror hole on my RT controls? The Saeng mount has no provision to secure the radio - at least none that's obvious to me from the images on their web site.

I place the FRS radio in my tankbag connected to the Autocom under my seat (K1200RS). I also have the PTT switch which I zip-tied to my mirror (see attached pic) and ran the cable under the fuel tank. You may be able to bolt the switch in the same location through the unused mirror mount hole.

If you have an idea what you would like an FRS and PTT switch mount to look like, you should give Saeng a call. They might be able to mix and match parts to create the mount you want. That's what they did to create the mount I wanted for my radar detector.

I wouldn't call the VOX unreliable but it does take a second for the FRS to begin transmitting (much longer than the intercom VOX takes) and cuts off the first word. Perhaps this is what you meant. If not, moving the mic closer to your mouth might help.

Michael

Attachments

• autocomptt.jpg
    autocomptt.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 241
Back