• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gillette Photos 7/19/2008

PAULBACH

Over 2000 shots in the bag. Here are a few from the photo crew

P7180204.jpg

P7180173.jpg

P7180149.jpg

P7170136.jpg

P7170109.jpg

P7160051.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

DSCF8595.jpg

DSCF8569.jpg

DSCF8564.jpg

The GS Trials

this was fun... to watch. ;)

334689671_EWXBe-L.jpg

Randy Owens, Polarbear, was trialmaster, laying out a pretty challenging course at the local motocross track. The course featured a little of everything... tight turns, some steep slopes, off-camber hillside, drop-offs.

334687777_uyBSx-L.jpg

Mike Rand, OutbackUFO, had a strong showing on his 1150, ultimately finishing third.

334687132_gu69t-L.jpg

a "dab" in the process of becoming a little get-off.

334691522_Pr6vG-L.jpg

Russ Moser, PacWest GS, was the victor, he cleaned the course on his first ride, and won the timed run-off between the other three riders who also cleaned on the first loop.

334690738_tVvse-L.jpg

Russ then got on a borrowed G650 and blasted around the course a lot faster than he rode with his Adventure.

334692188_B3Fdh-L.jpg

Then he loaded his bike and rode off for home in Seattle... by way of Glacier National Park.

More of the MOA Trials... for you who want to know more info on how it was run... Polarbear set up a intermediate to advance course. a "dip" foot down or hitting a boundary line or obstical marker was 1 point... stall or stop with a foot down was 2 points and a tip over was 3 points... 4 of us finished first round with Zero points then did a run off via time and points penlities... Russ finished second round with one 5 second penality but still burned through the course at 53 seconds total... second was Wade Stoughton at just under a 60 sec... with one penality... I finished third at 71 secs with Zero penalities ( i had to go first second round) and Nick on the '92 R100R was fourth... give it up for Nick on his dad's mint R100R with road tires

Russ doing his stuff...
DSC_0446.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

Russ pulling a victory wheelee....
DSC_0544.jpg

Russ on G650
DSC_0490.jpg

Nick only 17 on the R100R
DSC_0398.jpg

Wade
DSC_0462.jpg

Me (thanks Ian for the photo)
DSC_0438.jpg

gillette pix

Boss Man's still looking pretty skinny.

Are Brats not available in Wyoming? :laugh

Rinty

I got this one for the one afternoon I was there wandering without my head on, after a cell call about a family medical emergency at home, after flying in. Flew out the next morning, unfortunately, but better off here, because I did. Still, missed too much I'm afraid. :banghead

But, in the end, all is OK, and emergency is now over and done. :whistle

2850227350100360492S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have the attendance numbers for the rally? I assume they announced them at the closing ceremony as usual....

there were 5103-ish attendees (recalling from memory)

one of these days we are going to get the data from awards and tallies so that it can be posted right after the closing ceremonies for those couldn't attend but want to know. we's working on it! :)

ian

I got this one for the one afternoon I was there wandering without my head on, after a cell call about a family medical emergency at home, after flying in. Flew out the next morning, unfortunately, but better off here, because I did. Still, missed too much I'm afraid. :banghead

But, in the end, all is OK, and emergency is now over and done. :whistle

2850227350100360492S600x600Q85.jpg
What about your bike? I do have room for it here! Let me know if you need or I can help in any way! Richard

Thanks Richard but the original post notes I flew in, and flew out. My bike is safely in garage here at home (where it's too hot to ride it). Today, here, it is a "cool" monsoonal 93 degrees with 36% RH (and a 63 degree dew point) but until this monsoon day, we have been 106-113.

And, I flew in originally because I did not want to trek some 200-300 miles of hot desert alone coming and could not get any fellow locals to commit with me, until I already had my non-refundable airline tickets. This was just a supreme disaster of a long weekend for me that is now calming down just in time for a Monday morning. :banghead It could have been much worse, though, so I am most grateful.

:thumb

:lurk

(P.S. Those that know - tire did fine, it's worn out though, too many switchbacks and hairpins :D )

Last edited:
Too many switchbacks and hairpins?

How can that be?

Great seeing you in Gillette!!

Voni
sMiling

Oh I found some really fun roads on the way home. :dance :nod
335939545_hYEug-L.jpg

336038713_dUPiN-L.jpg

Great seeing all of you in Gillette, and meeting some more "Invisible Friends"! :clap :beer

Last edited:
Oh I found some really fun roads on the way home. :dance :nod
335939545_hYEug-L.jpg

336038713_dUPiN-L.jpg

Great seeing all of you in Gillette, and meeting some more "Invisible Friends"! :clap :beer

Ah yes!

Highway 14 between Sheridan and Burgess Junction. A week ago when we were there we watched hang glider pilots "jumping" off that very cliff. I saw that the first time in that very spot in 1981.

Back