• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gillette - Day 1 - Thursday, July 17

Visian

look out!!!
howdy all. i got up a little earlier than the rest of your Rally Report team, and had a few minutes to post some pics.

much better ones to come shortly....

334023452_Cz8bE-L.jpg

had a sweet ride to gillette via the sandhills of nebraska and an early morning jaunt along the wildlife loop in custer state park. this shot is in wind cave national park, which adjoins custer.

334023811_5NPD9-L.jpg

Mr. and Mrs. President confer with Mr. Kiltmeister. Dave and Tina Swider talk with Don Faichney.

334024194_kqy9w-L.jpg

Kilty and Clark Luster welcome the Ambassadors from all corners of the world.

334024791_TAz9A-L.jpg

you need some socks from the nice lady at real rider.

334025048_ZTJx7-L.jpg

Paul Bachorz continues to slather his GS with accessories. There is no stopping this man.

334025470_XUBG7-L.jpg

Jim Shaw bends some ears at the BMW Owners News idea session. Statdawg cowers in fear. :ha

334029903_Y8Cxf-L.jpg

Mandy Langston greets the lady who wrote the story about the blue bike, who came to the rally with her SO. i'll try to get names asap..... there was alcohol involve. :drink

334031187_HHtVr-L.jpg

Vince Winkel honors Paul Glaves with one of two "Pen and Plug" awards.

334031551_H3n3D-L.jpg

Matt Parkhouse was likewise honored. it was *really* good to see him, and see him looking so good.

334032943_tLYQZ-L.jpg

the aftermath of camp beers, night 1.... burnzilla abode. :)

more coming soon!!!

day 1

Super thread, Ian. I like all the people shots. Not that I don't like bike shots, but....

Burnzie, what a bum....:laugh

Rinty

a few more....

334031985_q37xy-L.jpg

Vince and Mandy rode golf carts to the rally. someone really needs to clue them in... :stick

334180353_bbiuW-L.jpg

Mike Rand... outbackufo.... found the motocross track muddy. maybe it will dry out this afternoon. just getting *to* the track was a GS event in itself.

334181559_qs9A3-L.jpg

a few hardy souls made it out to the track. ktm-guy (lyle?) tried out the track. they were getting him unstuck as i arrived.

334182230_d7kHy-L.jpg

Bob Henig made me pay to take his picture... all proceeds go to the Ride for Kids.

334183542_LuALn-L.jpg

Teach McNeil burned up some tires and other insane stuff on his F800.

334185122_2cr6G-L.jpg

Future Ambassador Elizabeth Clark schmoozes up an unsuspecting rallygoer for a donation to the BMW MOA Foundation.

Jealous:

My jealousy is hard to contain! Hope you all have a blast! See you next year. Keep the pics coming.

"People generally have more feeling for canals and roads than education. However, I hope we can advance them with equal pace."

-- Thomas Jefferson

Kilty was at our house on Sunday night.....brought me bags and bags of my favorite Spitz sunflower seeds!!

So why can't I see the photos in this thread but can in others?

Edit: I believe it is because smugmug has a service interruption right now! :banghead

Contributors Dinner

... there was definitely alcohol involved that night & a nice thunderstorm!!!

Names? here you go. Neil Nylander, Mandy Langston and Aliya Nylander (April - Little Blue Bike).

We "GREENHORNS" had a great time! I enjoyed many of the seminars and seeing all the beautiful motorcycles... loved the classics!

Cheers!
Aliya aka MotorcycleLady :heart

334029903_Y8Cxf-L.jpg

Mandy Langston greets the lady who wrote the story about the blue bike, who came to the rally with her SO. i'll try to get names asap..... there was alcohol involve. :drink

334032943_tLYQZ-L.jpg

the aftermath of camp beers, night 1.... burnzilla abode. :)

more coming soon!!!

That was only a small part of the aftermath of camp beers.. there was more than just cheap beer coing around... and we finally figured out what the system cases were good for... keeping the drinks cold...:D

Back