• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Signs

Ask any electrician or power company lineman. Henzilla???

I saw that and immediate thought about tradespeople.

Electrical hazard as well as fall and snag potential. We were encouraged by Safety Manual to not wear. There was a earlier recommendation of cutting the ring partially on inside to let it separate if snagged... we worried more about losing it than a finger!

When I was in printing business after High School , my lead operator/ trainer had a missing ring finger I asked him what happened... caught in open rollers of the press next to mine! I removed my ring immediately! He was trying to get debris off inked rollers on a very unforgiving pinch hazard!

I am a retired sparky, 35 years. Yes wedding rings are a no,no! In my early years working on golf carts got shock off 36 volt D.C. It left a mark on my ring.
You could wear them but not at work.

I am also a recently ET. When in training many moons ago, a fellow student was taking a practical test on rack systems. He was taking voltage readings on the high V. circuit. He took a probe and probed the contacts. Then he would write down the readings and put his pen in his mouth. He accidentally mistook a probe for the pencil and put it in his mouth. He bounced between the racks of equipment. Fortunately it was Hi Volt circuit. with very low amps.

I am a retired sparky, 35 years. Yes wedding rings are a no,no! In my early years working on golf carts got shock off 36 volt D.C. It left a mark on my ring.
You could wear them but not at work.

I did commercial HVAC service and install for 12 years. Never wore a wedding ring. Nothing worse than a wedding ring jumped across a 480 volt circuit! The hooking/fall hazard id a bad deal too. My wife questioned it but when I explained the risk she was all for it.

Back