• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Jim and Kermit's Big Adventure (well, big to us)

Great Job! I enjoyed the pictures and the comments. Thanks again for all of your work.

Jim

Thanks, and thanks to everyone who commented.

We had a great time, and our only regret is riding past the MOA Rally two days before it started. We really wanted to go, but it did not fit our schedule!

Jim :brow

JimVonBaden said:
Day 11, Back into Canada

Up and early at 6, or was it 7? Kermit and I headed out towards breakfast. I told him to stop at the first McDonalds he saw for a quick and easy. He took me literally. Little did I know there are no McDonalds in all of North Dakota Kermit rode, and rode and rode, for 216 miles, tank to tank, forcing him to stop eventually for lack of gas.

Now I like to ride distance like the rest of you, but I rarely like 3 hours on one stretch! (NO, I am not Iron Butt material, though Kermit apparently is!)

After fueling at nearly empty, emptying a very full bladder, drinking a large bottle of water, and eating 4 mini-burritos for breakfast, we were on our way again

In the end, not a lot of miles, but good ones, and now we start the last push past the Great Lakes. Expect some good pictures from this part!

Not bad for a wimpy day!

Jim

PS For you ADV fans, I thought you might find this amusing

205.jpg

Here is some irony for you, my friend at work took this picture on the border of SD and ND:

nextmcdonalds.jpg

Not only does it say no McDonalds forever, it is 205 miles!

Hi Jim:

Just to say that really was a big adventure. I enjoy it.:clap
I haven't been any northen than NY city and I hope I can visit those places soon.
Regards
Ricardo

Just to say that really was a big adventure. I enjoy it.:clap
I haven't been any northen than NY city and I hope I can visit those places soon.
Regards
Ricardo

Hi Ricardo, next time you come near the DC area I'll show you some great roads here too!

Thanks,

Back