• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

When are you leaving?

When are you leaving?

• Already gone.

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Friday.

Votes: 16 13.3%
  • Saturday.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • Sunday.

Votes: 22 18.3%
  • Next week

Votes: 29 24.2%
  • I'm not going. Bummer.

Votes: 21 17.5%

• Total voters

MiddleIowa

Still Learning
Wednesday it is

Heading out on Wednesday from Iowa. Should be there Thursday afternoon. If you see a shaded tent spot please keep it for me.

Where is Rapid Roy?

Leaving monday,from Kamloops BC with 3 others.

rapid Roy,how will I know you?

Leaving in a few short hours.

Meeting a couple of guys in SD, then on to the Black Hills Stampede. In to Gillette on Wednesday.

The rally clothes are in the wash, and nothing is packed. The bike maintenance chores are done, though.

I should be OK, I packed for the RA National in 40 minutes, and didn't seem to miss anything...

You know you have a serious problem when you can't even get organized to go to a rally!:dunno

Tomorrow I've got to quit procrastinating...

Heading to Wyoming

My youngest daughter and I are leaving Wis on Tuesday after spending Monday with my oldest daughter in Madison. Can't wait. I do have what some might call a politically incorrect question, but here I go. Part of my route (90% 2 lane) was going to take us on highway 44 in S.Dakota. A coworker of mine said not to go that way because 44 will go through the Pine Ridge Indian Res. According to him" stay out." Could someone tell me why that area should be avoided? Thanks and see you in Gillette:brow

We are going to try and beat rush hour out of Minneapolis on Weds. afternoon. Planning to hole up in Chamberlain Weds. night, tour the Badlands and camp in the Black Hills Thurs. night. On to the site on Friday!:thumb

July 7th

Left home Monday July 7th. Nasty thunderstorm in MI and a slight one while on the ferry. Lovely ride through the midwest. Highway 14 looked OK through MN and SD. Who knew it was the Laura Ingalls Wilder highway! I got a nice gift for the grandbaby at the museum at Plum Creek. The Badlands were every bit as fantastic as I remembered them, even in 90+ heat. Now I'm in Boulder playing with the world's most perfect granddaughter. I will try to tear myself away from her early next week and head up to Gillette.

Holly

First light

Tomorrow morning. The weather in Kansas has decided that I need to hit the road. Sunday's forecast is for a high in the 80's with little wind.:brad I still don't know which route I'll take, but you can bet it won't be interstate. All roads lead to Gillette!
Tom

Hello

Leaving early wesnesday morn. From Great Falls, MT it is 500ish miles so will hopefully get to the rally grounds by early dinner time! Weather looking cooler, at least last night a super nice cool frount came through. It has been a rather cool summer so far... so good!

Charlie:wave

Leaving monday,from Kamloops BC with 3 others.

rapid Roy,how will I know you?
:wave
As far as I know, nobody else is this ugly.:dance
I will be wearing a flashing guitar pin up at the beer tent at night.
:thumb
I going to try and make the forum frenzy Friday at 3:30, before the forum beer shift starts. I will also wear my 1 Tequila 2 Tequila 3 Tequila Floor shirt.
In fact, starting Thursday, I will be at the beer tent every night.
Here is me:
HRP7.jpg

Last edited:
Leaving From Denver Thurs. Am!

A friend and I are leaving Thursday morning. We will probably grab something to eat at Johnson's Corner, fuel up and hit the road.

We will shoot for around 9am.

Any and all are welcome to meet and ride with us.

Richard
2000 BMW R1200C - "The Only BMW Cruiser!"

Don't know already behind schedule. Bike is painted, finished at 0700. Let it dry today and finish rest of bike (put back togeather) and may be ready tomorrow.

Don't know already behind schedule. Bike is painted, finished at 0700. Let it dry today and finish rest of bike (put back togeather) and may be ready tomorrow.
Good luck with that, here is to gitt'n' 'er done and making Gillette.:wave

Barry, I guess we are beautiful........to somebody. We are both married.
I am semi packed, I have everything out, I just need to put it on the bike.

Pulling out of Bozeman Wednesday Morning.......

Coffee at City Brew on 19th and I-90 at 7:00 then heading east.
Should arrive at about 2:00 tomorrow afternoon.

Riding my Red R1200 GS.....see you fellow super slabers along the way!

Cheers!

Mike

Back