• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cell phone coverage?

I have Verizon and got good coverage in Gillette. However, here's the coverage map from Sprint's web site. Gillette is marked by the push pin.

Attachments

• Gillette Sprint.png
    Gillette Sprint.png
    24 KB · Views: 249
I have sprint as well and expecting the worst. I will be bringing my handy dandy old tech phone card along, I sure hope that there are a few old tech pay phones on site.

While at Lake Carmi the phone card was a very good thing to have.

Don't remember seeing pay phones....but, I wasn't looking.

Isn't that a requirement for site selection? If not it should be (we do not all have cell phones, or even live where one will work--I want one that will work around home tried Qwest, Verison, Attiel, Sprint, Cricket as well as Net 10 and Trac fone---No coverage not even roaming) And yes almost all Pay phones around here are still intact and still work. (we still have a few phone booths left)

Last year I got a NET 10 phone from Wally world and was told that it would have coverage "everywhere but in the mountains" LYING BASTARDS It had no coverage East of the I on the Colorado plains, no coverage North of Longmont, CO till Cheyenne. Then five miles North of Cheyenne no coverage till Rapid City,SD. Coverage there and in Sturgis but NO COVERAGE out of town and NO COVERAGE on the plains (the flat ass plains no coverage) Sturgis to Faith SD

But this piece of crap worked good in Denver where you do not need a cell phone, also works on Grand Mesa

Back