• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What are you reading?

Just starting “Prisoners of Geography: Ten Maps That Explain Everything About the World (Politics of Place Book 1)

Ted Marshall

Last edited:
Two by Richard Russo

Just finished “Nobody’s Fool,” then “Everybody’s Fool.” Excellent novels.
-Ron Davis

That was an interesting read, I just downloaded Tim Marshall’s sequel Ages of Walls and Jared Diamond’s Upheaval to round out current affairs.

But right now I’m starting Gideon’s Sword by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. I dig their Pendergast series. O

Just started Jared Diamond’s Upheaval. Guns, Germs and Steel and Collapse also by him were kboth excellent books.

Andy Weir

If you liked "The Martian" (and the book was SO much better than the movie!), then you have to read "Project Hail Mary". Great stuff!

I've also gotten through several of Ian Douglas' series of books - "Star Carrier" (9 books), "Andromedan Dark" (2 books, which also tie in to the Star Carrier series), "Star Corpsman" (2 books so far, I hope there will be more), and "The Galactic Marines Saga" (9 books). All good stuff; it will help to read them in order.

John Scalzi has published an excellent series of sci-fi books starting with "Old Man's War" (6 books that must be read in order; ok to skip "Zoe's Tale" but it fills in some blanks).

Enjoy! :thumb

Last edited:
Just finished "The Way of All Flesh" (Samuel Butler) Finishing up "The Dutch House" What a difference- Butler's is a profound look at humanity through three generations lives (focusing on Earnest Pontifax) and the other a nice story with some gentle individual insights. One heavy reading the other "lit lite".

Currently working on a project to read (or in many cases, re-read) every book Mark Twain wrote. Currently on A Tramp Abroad, after reading Roughing It. Also have the three volume Autobiography of Mark Twain to read. I figure about three years ought to do it. I think I've read six so far this stretch, many of which I'd read previously. My favorites have always been Life on the Mississippi and Following the Equator.

Back