Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

I've just started A Dog's Purpose I haven't seen the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    I'm alternating between Little Women by Louisa May Alcot and The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben.............Rod
    I remember reading Little Women as a youngster. If I remember correctly one of the main characters is Jo. Great character. I read Little Women after reading Little Men. Fond memories of summer reading between school years, thank goodness for the Garland County book mobile. They made the route every 2 weeks. I usually had all my books read in 2 or 3 days. Then I usually had them reread in the next 2 or 3 days. Then had the long week wait for the next run. The driver figured out that I was knocking them books out pretty fast. He doubled my allotment. Thx. Loved reading. Gave me the opportunity to Travel all over the world and thru time to visit all the past civilizations, and the great events and people past and present.

Quote Originally Posted by barryg View Post
    Attachment 66931
    13 session Bible Study. I've completed 9 sessions. I've been completely humbled. Thought I was an average middle of the road student of the Bible. I'm not even close. Last lesson I had to rate myself on Obedience to God. O being totally disobedient to 10 being Jesus Christ. I rated myself a 2, that would be a D- , I guess. The next question was, How would God rate me. I didn't even answer the question. I plan on finishing the Bible Study and may take this study again next year to improve my score and obedience. Thought I would give report in mid course.
    One last class on this Book study. 12 week study time. Their skipping Easter week and having the last class meeting the next week. Good, I may get the chance to finish on time with the guys I started with. Excellent read and study.

Liberty and Tyranny

IMG_1136.jpg
    Enjoyed this read by Mark Levin.
    ISBN-13: 978-1-4165-6285-6
    ISBN-10: 1-4165-6285-0

Blasting through multiple James Patterson, Clive Cussler, David Baldacci, Lee Childís, amd otherís. Averaging about a book every day and a half to two days for the past few months. This is where my Kindle rules!
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Reading Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance once again.
    Walter

"Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." Mark Twain

Iíve finished another 3 or 4 since my last post
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk

I've been enjoying "First 15". It's a daily devotional by Craig Denison. https://www.first15.org/

I stumbled upon the devotional a few weeks ago and have found it uplifting.

Just a short quote from today's...
    The Weekly Overview

So often we view God as an enforcer of religious rules. We see the commands of Scripture as a list of to-dos rather than a path leading to abundant life. But those perceptions arenít the truth of Scripture. Those beliefs are founded on misguided notions of Godís character. God is after the heart. More than he wants us to do right, he wants us to see him rightly. He wants going to church, reading the Bible, worshipping, serving the poor, and living righteously to come from a heart filled with a true revelation of his loving-kindness. May your heart be wholly Godís this week.
    It's become something I look forward to reading each day.
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder
    John 14:6

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    daboo - That's good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Picked up Empire of the Summer Moon by Sam Gwynne.

Cynthia Ann and Quanah Parker and Rise and Fall of the Comanche, the most powerful Indian tribe in American history.

Specially interesting because it happened in our backyard. We ride in relative safety now where early Americans feared to tread.
    Yeeha! Stephen
    R1200RS, R1200RT, R1200R, (R1150RT = Donated To Charity)
    "Why eat a Burger when you can have Pie?!" Miss Vicki @ Lost Maples Cafe - Utopia Texas

"A Line Becomes a River: Dispatches from the Border" by Francisco Cantķ - This recently published book by a former CBP Border Patrol agent and Fulbright scholar is a narrative of his experience and reflections upon the challenges on the southwest border. It is told with grace and honor.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Solů el que ensaya lo absurdo es capaz de conquistar lo imposible." Miguel de Unamuno 1905

Mark - Las Cruces, NM - '17 R1200 GSA

12 Rules For Life, an antidote to chaos, by Jordan Peterson. Tells much answers more. Can't put it down. Lectures spellbinding.

I just finished Nobody's Fool, then went on to Everybody's Fool, both by Richard Russo. Set 10 years apart in the same small town with the same cast of characters. Good reads, both.

Looking for something else to catch my attention, but most of my 'reading list' is unavailable on the library app at the moment.

How to think : A survival guide for a world at odds
    Alan Jacobs
    Walter

"Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." Mark Twain

The ten books of Architecture. Vitruvious Pollio.