• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What are you reading?

I'm alternating between Little Women by Louisa May Alcot and The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben.............Rod

I remember reading Little Women as a youngster. If I remember correctly one of the main characters is Jo. Great character. I read Little Women after reading Little Men. Fond memories of summer reading between school years, thank goodness for the Garland County book mobile. They made the route every 2 weeks. I usually had all my books read in 2 or 3 days. Then I usually had them reread in the next 2 or 3 days. Then had the long week wait for the next run. The driver figured out that I was knocking them books out pretty fast. He doubled my allotment. Thx. :thumb Loved reading. Gave me the opportunity to Travel all over the world and thru time to visit all the past civilizations, and the great events and people past and present.:)

View attachment 66931
13 session Bible Study. I've completed 9 sessions. I've been completely humbled. Thought I was an average middle of the road student of the Bible. I'm not even close. Last lesson I had to rate myself on Obedience to God. O being totally disobedient to 10 being Jesus Christ. I rated myself a 2, that would be a D- , I guess. The next question was, How would God rate me. I didn't even answer the question. I plan on finishing the Bible Study and may take this study again next year to improve my score and obedience. Thought I would give report in mid course. :thumb:thumb

One last class on this Book study. 12 week study time. Their skipping Easter week and having the last class meeting the next week. Good, I may get the chance to finish on time with the guys I started with. Excellent read and study.

Liberty and Tyranny

IMG_1136.jpg
Enjoyed this read by Mark Levin.
ISBN-13: 978-1-4165-6285-6
ISBN-10: 1-4165-6285-0

Blasting through multiple James Patterson, Clive Cussler, David Baldacci, Lee Child’s, amd other’s. Averaging about a book every day and a half to two days for the past few months. This is where my Kindle rules!:)

I've been enjoying "First 15". It's a daily devotional by Craig Denison. https://www.first15.org/

I stumbled upon the devotional a few weeks ago and have found it uplifting.

Just a short quote from today's...
The Weekly Overview

So often we view God as an enforcer of religious rules. We see the commands of Scripture as a list of to-dos rather than a path leading to abundant life. But those perceptions aren’t the truth of Scripture. Those beliefs are founded on misguided notions of God’s character. God is after the heart. More than he wants us to do right, he wants us to see him rightly. He wants going to church, reading the Bible, worshipping, serving the poor, and living righteously to come from a heart filled with a true revelation of his loving-kindness. May your heart be wholly God’s this week.

It's become something I look forward to reading each day.

Picked up Empire of the Summer Moon by Sam Gwynne.

Cynthia Ann and Quanah Parker and Rise and Fall of the Comanche, the most powerful Indian tribe in American history.

Specially interesting because it happened in our backyard. We ride in relative safety now where early Americans feared to tread.

"A Line Becomes a River: Dispatches from the Border" by Francisco Cantú - This recently published book by a former CBP Border Patrol agent and Fulbright scholar is a narrative of his experience and reflections upon the challenges on the southwest border. It is told with grace and honor.

Attachments

• Line Becomes a River.jpg
    Line Becomes a River.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 114
12 Rules For Life, an antidote to chaos, by Jordan Peterson. Tells much answers more. Can't put it down. Lectures spellbinding.

I just finished Nobody's Fool, then went on to Everybody's Fool, both by Richard Russo. Set 10 years apart in the same small town with the same cast of characters. Good reads, both.

Looking for something else to catch my attention, but most of my 'reading list' is unavailable on the library app at the moment.

I just finished Nobody's Fool, then went on to Everybody's Fool, both by Richard Russo. Set 10 years apart in the same small town with the same cast of characters. Good reads, both.

Looking for something else to catch my attention, but most of my 'reading list' is unavailable on the library app at the moment.

Excellent movie (Nobody’s Fool) as well :thumb
om

The Studs Terkel Reader, by Studs Terkel, sort of a Best of Studs book, with excerpts from many of his books. Part of one interview, with hockey player Eric Nesterenko, struck a chord:
"I still like to skate. One day last year on a cold, clear, crisp afternoon, I saw this huge sheet of ice in the street. Goddamn, if I didn’t drive out there and put on my skates. I took off my camel-hair coat. I was just in a sort of jacket, on my skates. And I flew. Nobody was there. I was free as a bird. I was really happy. That goes back to when I was a kid. I’ll do that until I die, I hope. Oh, I was free!
The wind was blowing from the north. With the wind behind you, you’re in motion, you can wheel and dive and turn, you can lay yourself into impossible angles that you never could walking or running. You lay yourself at a forty-five degree angle, your elbows virtually touching the ice as you’re in a turn. Incredible! It’s beautiful! You’re breaking the bounds of gravity. I have a feeling this is the innate desire of man.
[His eyes are glowing.] I haven’t kept many photographs of myself, but I found one where I’m in full flight. I’m leaning into a turn. You pick up the centrifugal forces and you lay in it. For a few seconds, like a gyroscope, they support you. I’m in full flight and my head is turned. I’m concentrating on something and I’m grinning. That’s the way I like to picture myself. I’m something else there. I’m on another level of existence, just being in pure motion. Going wherever I want to go, whenever I want to go. That’s nice, you know. [Laughs softly.]

Somebody get that man a motorcycle!!!

“Enemy of the State” Vince Flynn/Kyle Mills
“More Proficient Motorcycling” David Hough
“Three Days in Moscow” Brett Baier

Back