Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Koni Adjuster

  1. #1
    sumran
    Guest

    Koni Adjuster

    I have a set of Koni's, which I like. The adjuster wrench is a cheap piece of flat steel. The combination of the flimsy wrench and the awkward position of the saddle bag racks often leads to bending the wrench. I have always been able to bend it back into shape, but sooner or later it may break.

    Does anyone know of a place you can get a better quality adjuster wrench for the Koni shocks?

  2. #2
    the stock BMW tool kit, steering head bearing "hook" wrench works on my Ikons.

  3. #3
    sumran
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by benway View Post
    the stock BMW tool kit, steering head bearing "hook" wrench works on my Ikons.
    That tool in not in my kit. I have seen it in other kits and did not know what it was for. Thanks for the information. I will try to find one.

  4. #4
    --Tony AnnapolisAirhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Watkinsville, Georgia/Annapolis, Maryland
    Posts
    1,801
    Quote Originally Posted by sumran View Post
    I have a set of Koni's, which I like. The adjuster wrench is a cheap piece of flat steel. The combination of the flimsy wrench and the awkward position of the saddle bag racks often leads to bending the wrench. I have always been able to bend it back into shape, but sooner or later it may break.

    Does anyone know of a place you can get a better quality adjuster wrench for the Koni shocks?
    Same problem my friend. The wrench has to be thin to fit into the adjuster slots on the shocks. I think Koni is out of business (anyone??)...so, maybe one of the Airhead tool specialists could make something with more meat to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by benway View Post
    the stock BMW tool kit, steering head bearing "hook" wrench works on my Ikons.
    I have that one too, but it is too thick to fit into the slot on my Koni shocks.
    1971 BMW R75/5 | 1975 Moto Guzzi 850T Cafe | 1983 BMW R100RS | 1988 BMW R100GS
    1988 BMW K75 | 1998 BWM R1100RT | 2000 Moto Guzzi Quota 1100ES |2002 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans

  5. #5
    BUDDINGGEEZER
    Guest
    The wrench you refer to is called a spanner wrench. Motorcycle acessorie stores sell them in various sizes. I biught one at a Kawasaki to fit the KONI schock on my K100LT.

    Koni is a company in Australia that was bought by http://www.ikonsuspension.com/.
    They will answer you emails.

    Ralph Sims

  6. #6
    sumran
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddingGeezer View Post
    The wrench you refer to is called a spanner wrench. Motorcycle acessorie stores sell them in various sizes. I biught one at a Kawasaki to fit the KONI schock on my K100LT.

    Koni is a company in Australia that was bought by http://www.ikonsuspension.com/.
    They will answer you emails.

    Ralph Sims
    I started out refering to it that way. When I did some searches with that term, i was amazed at how many dissimilar wrenches are refered to as spanner wrenches. Some of them have no relationship to the shock adjusting tool.

    Thanks for the link.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •