• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW's Military Motorcycle Purchase Program

grafikfeat

Effective: March 1, 2008 - December 31, 2008

In appreciation for the commitment and sacrifice of our men and women
serving in the US armed forces, BMW Motorrad USA is pleased to
announce a special motorcycle purchase program for all active members
of the US armed forces, to enable them to purchase the BMW motorcycle
of their choice for personal use.

Active members include active duty (including activated Reservists)
of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard and Coast
Guard, and those who have recently finished active service (within 6
months) with a current military identification card. A copy of
Department of Defense form 214 may be necessary for retired service
members and those who have recently been discharged from active
service. If you have questions regarding eligibility, contact your
local BMW Motorrad Dealer.

BMW Model Series Allowance
K-Series $500
R-Series $400
G-Series $250
F-Series $250
-----------------

I dunno... Maybe I'm thin skinned but wouldn't you agree this seems a little "chintzy" to be called a purchase program.
I mean, if you're going to offer something to these guys who are obviously doing time in hell to at least make it substantial.
On a bad day I could negotiate $500 on a K bike. :deal
Now... Something like 10% on an 08 would be a nice gift of appreciation for having your ass shot at for 3 tours of duty, no?

I dunno... seems kinda cheap for an offer from these guys.

Sweet.

Good idea, even if modest. I'm thinking it's better than what I got back in 76.

that would be bupkis.:stick

My kid might want to take advantage of it.

Haha:

Well,

Currently I am spending my second fun filled trip to beautiful Taji, Iraq. I thought it was a nice offer. In 2004 there was no incentive. The thing I think BMW should consider is this.......it pains me to say this. HD is making a killing over here. There is a dealership right here run by AAFES that stays busy all day, everyday. They offer real bargins to Soldiers. I personally will never be part of the "I am wearing full leathers and no helmet croud" But as a a new rider I could see how they get caught up in GREAT marketing and offers that provide real savings. I hope to take advantage of the deal when I get home. I am between rides right now I still have my Honda but my heart belongs to BMW and the Arkansas Army National Guard.

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Sad...that's what I call it.

I thought a program better than this already existed, but I guess I was wrong. Our soldiers lay their lives on the line for our country and the best deal they can get is $500 off of a $20,000 motorcycle. Please. :scratch

:usa Thanks to everyone who is serving or has served.

Coming from a former member of the armed services that served during Operation Enduring Freedom, I call it an insult.

Just curious if anyone knows the financial incentives HD is giving to service members.
According to this pamphlet The Motor Company offers "special discounted pricing". It likely varies by model. It's interesting that they offer both "buy overseas, pick up at home" and "buy overseas, pick up overseas" options. There seem to be a lot of fringe benefits as well (no pun intended).

European manufacturers give US military stationed in Europe really good deals! For Instance, we are moving to Germany in November. My wife has ordered a loaded US spec 2008 MINI Clubman S for three thousand less than here in the states. It will be ready for delivery when we arrive and they will ship it for free to the states in five years when my tour is up. I have been told I can purchase a US spec GS in Germany for $2,000 less than US MSRP in Germany! So I will be upgrading when I get there.

Scott

Just curious what it is you would not consider insulting. :scratch

I dont follow you. I consider plenty to not be insulting. This feels a bit like trolling to me.:scratch

But come on, $500.00? Sure its a start, a kind gesture... but I would hope, that in the least it was $500.00 off after I had negotiated the deal.

Last edited:
But come on, $500.00? Sure its a start, a kind gesture... but I would hope, that in the least it was $500.00 off after I had negotiated the deal.

If it works the other BMW programs, it is money back to the buyer AFTER they negotiate a price with the dealer.

Well,

Currently I am spending my second fun filled trip to beautiful Taji, Iraq. I thought it was a nice offer. In 2004 there was no incentive. The thing I think BMW should consider is this.......it pains me to say this. HD is making a killing over here. There is a dealership right here run by AAFES that stays busy all day, everyday. They offer real bargins to Soldiers. I personally will never be part of the "I am wearing full leathers and no helmet croud" But as a a new rider I could see how they get caught up in GREAT marketing and offers that provide real savings. I hope to take advantage of the deal when I get home. I am between rides right now I still have my Honda but my heart belongs to BMW and the Arkansas Army National Guard.

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Yu all be safe in country. ura..:usa:ca

I would think that a 10% discount would be something serious. A drop of $500 on a $20k+ unit is not terribly generous in my estimation.

Back