• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fuel Pump Body Repair or Replacement.

K

kayseventyfive

Due to what I imagine was contaminated fuel while under previous ownership, my fuel pump body has a small hole in it. I have repaired it with JB Weld for the time being, but am concerned about the long-term durabillity the repair submerged in gasoline.

My welder says no can do.

I would like to try replacing just the outer shell of the pump. It would appear that the crimps around the top can be un-crimped and my low-mileage good internals put inside another can. My dealer says the can is not available.

Does anyone know of a supplier for a new can or a source for a failed pump with a good can?

FuelPumpmyK75.jpg

Back