• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Germantown, MD Vintage Rally Pictures!

jimvonbaden

Kool Aid Dispenser!
Here are some pictures of the Germantown Vintage Rally!

There were a LOT of people there, bit showing and showing up!

germantown%20vintage%20rally%20001a.jpg

Needless to say the amount of vintage bikes there was staggering. Especially that so many of them were ridden to the Rally.

germantown%20vintage%20rally%20016a.jpg

There was a super cool bike with outriggers set up for snow and ice. Can anyone name this bike?

germantown%20vintage%20rally%20002a.jpg

How about a military Harley with a Rotax engine? Everything on the bike was thick molded plastic.

germantown%20vintage%20rally%20003a.jpg

How about this very cool Guzzi with a flywheel on the outside?

germantown%20vintage%20rally%20004a.jpg

This bike had an ultra-cool fairing, though I can't remember what brand it is. I'm not real big into vintage bikes, yet!

germantown%20vintage%20rally%20007a.jpg

One of the bikes that started it all for BMW! A 1928!

germantown%20vintage%20rally%20008a.jpg

Check out the paint on this one?

germantown%20vintage%20rally%20014a.jpg

Finally, a bike for Mikey from American Choppers!

germantown%20vintage%20rally%20017a.jpg

All together it was a great showing of some awesome machines! If it had been a little less than 92 degrees, it would have been a lot more fun!

Jim :brow

JimVonBaden said:
This bike had an ultra-cool fairing, though I can't remember what brand it is. I'm not real big into vintage bikes, yet!

germantown%20vintage%20rally%20007a.jpg

A Vincenct Black Prince, I believe. Circa 1950 or thereabouts. Looks like someone did some "upgrading" on the front by adding discs.

Like the look

of the military bike and the Guzzi the best. Nice shots. Thanks.

Re: Re: Germantown, MD Vintage Rally Pictures!

KBasa said:
A Vincenct Black Prince, I believe. Circa 1950 or thereabouts. Looks like someone did some "upgrading" on the front by adding discs.

Good call Dave!:clap

But what is the one with the outriggers? :dunno

Jim :brow

Re: Re: Germantown, MD Vintage Rally Pictures!

KBasa said:

Yup. brit bike, had a *dash* as seen here

P1010010.jpg

again updated with a GPS.
The look of the bodywork is pretty cool, sort of like the skirts on horses from the days of the Knights in Armor, fitting for the name Black Prince, don't ya think? Still a big following in England.

RM

Not sure on the outrigger bike, but it looks like some kind of eastern European two stroke. Jawa? CZ? DKW?

Back