• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Us 34 From IL To CO ???

westhautianplen

I have been looking at taking US 34 from IL to Loveland CO in a few weeks. Does anyone have an opinion on this route? I used US 36 last year. I am open for suggestions. I would like to limit my time on the Interstate system.

Thanks for any help.

Well, I live just off of hwy 34 in Loveland.
When are you going to be here??

I head East on hwy 34 to go pick up my kids at the Ex's house, not what I would call an interstate. 2 lane highway. Not much out there but farms and feedlots (in Colorado anyway)

Hi. 34

I've done 34 both ways from CO to Ohio. Just plain road, not much interesting but sure beats I-70!

I was thinking of running 36 across to meet my brother-in-law in the Boulder area and ride the Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park road on the way to Gillette. How is 36?

Thanks,

Steve

Did 36 last year

I was thinking of running 36 across to meet my brother-in-law in the Boulder area and ride the Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park road on the way to Gillette. How is 36?

Thanks,

Steve

I took 36 to Boulder last year. It worked well. Much like Whiteh said about 34, lots of farms and not too much traffic. Small towns slow you down, but my Garmin claims I had a moving average of 54.3 mph.

When are you going? I'm leaving on the 7th, heading for Boulder for a few days before I head up to Gillette.

Holly

FYI...U.S. 34 bridge over the Mississippi (IA--IL). is closed due to flooding. I just tried to come home that way today. The detour is to I-80 in Davenport (ouch!).

Back