• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I sure am spoiled..........

rottenbiker

It's been years since I owned an airhead, but I really wanted one I could do my own services on again and I missed those funky old rides. So I started searching last year for a R75/5 Toaster and found out a friend had one for sale and decided to purchase it. Next because the bike was in Ct and I am in Co I had to figure out how I was going to take the time to go and get it. The bike ended up at my son's in Vermont and I planned to picked it up there, visiting family and ride it back. I had double knee replacement surgery end of March so had to plan on when I would feel okay to ride the 2200 miles back. I started back in sunshine only to end the day much sooner then planned in pouring rain. The /5 doesn't have the lighting to make me feel visible enough to play in truck traffic in pouring rain. Not having owned an unfaired bike in years I also didn't enjoy being beaten by the wind and rain. But after two very slow, low mile days, I was able to get in a 600 mile day which could have easily been a 700 mile day had I not had to wait almost two hours to get started because of pouring rain. So I was starting to feel happy with my riding again. A dead battery brought me to a stop in Topeka but thanks to Cheryl and Jeff Blevins, Chuck Hanna, and Steve. I was back on the road next morning after meeting new friends. And I pulled into Loveland Co that evening. The /5 did a great job getting me here, but the R1100s is a much comfier ride, I sure have been spoiled!
Marsha

Last edited:
Back