Thread: Looking for a Parts Washer Recommendation

WesPeterson

Looking for a Parts Washer Recommendation

I bought a parts washer at Pep Boys that sucks. Any recommendations of other brands that people are happy with? Price neighborhood? I'd like to stay under $100.

Thanks.

I recommend Safety Klean. I have an old one, large enough to do V-8 heads. I run regular Paint thinner, (not laquer) for the fluid, works great. Harbor Freight Tools has some cheap models. I personally didn't like the small one (similar to Pep Boys), so I got a good used one.
    91 R100GS Bumblebee

http://davesbmw.com

Solvent

Most, if not all, of the inexpensive cleaners with pumps are designed (e.g., fire codes, UL, etc.) for water-based solvents, which I think are near worthless. You need real solvent (paint thinner, stoddard, etc.) to effectively clean your greasy parts, not a soap solution. Of course, some folks run solvent in the cheap ones, too, though not condoned by the cleaner manufacturers'.

kerosene mixed with some gunk will work well, too!
    "The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers

John D'oh
    Hand a neighbor kid $10.00 and show him/her how to use an old paint brush with diesel as the solvent. I suppose this suggestion should have some sort of disclaimer...
    John D'oh