• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fof and SR UN-Rally Report

R

rocketman

fof-12.jpg

We had a good turn out, 23 bikes in all, 9 /5's and somewhere around half a dozen other airheads, some folks just came for the day Sat. (Hank and a friend from the southern VA area, a few folks who came in Friday and left Saturday, two from New England, one of whom was on an airhead and came in Sat. in the pouring rain and Rudy showed up late Friday night with his wife. We had a number of new folks show up and some of the regulars along with some who hadn't come down in a few years.

We never did get around to doing the headlight shoot-out or group shot so Sunday Morning I just placed the door prizes randomly around on the bikes in the shelter.

Every one seemed to have a good time and hopefully we'll have an even better turn out next year as the new attendees tell their friends how much fun they had (we can only hope!) and will return for next years combined Fof-SR (No. 13) and Seneca Rocks UN-Rally (No. 2)!

A few select shots,

folks chit-chatting...

fof-1.jpg

an inpromtu tech session for a new /5 owner

fof-19.jpg

(note the special tech manual used here) :lol

fof-23.jpg

Some wet riders coming in Sat

fof-28.jpg

some of the bikes under cover from the rains

fof-32.jpg

A view of the rocks (always gotta have a view of the Rocks!)

fof-34.jpg

some nice cloud colors

fof-30.jpg

and one of the riders leaving in the mist.....

fof-7.jpg

you can see the rest at the link below. Hoping for an even better turn out next year and I even made up a little patch for the event (seen above)

Also did a pano of the bikes in the shelter that came out pretty nicely.. hard to do when you have folks moving about.

http://roadrunes.com/photo/v/motor_events/fof-12/

To those that came down...See you all next year! Same Place, Same Channel.....

and if you want a copy of the patch file above feel free to ask for one.

RM

FoF & SR UN-Rally Rally Bastard at Large

great report, jeff... nice photos!

i hope i can get up to suches this august to check out the fof rally there.

ian

Back