• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Arkansas 16

dpmonk

P Monk
I've been going to Arkansas to ride the curvy Ozarks since I was a kid or 36 yrs whichever comes first but just got home from a 4 day ride from southeast Texas.

Somehow I never discovered HW16!

We left Mountain view headed south on HW9 and turned left on 16 and rode it all the way to the pigtrail aka HW23.

What an awesome ride! Be sure gas up as I remember the only gas was in Deer just on the west side of HW7. There is very little of anything but curves on the whole route. Talk about a chance to practice. I found myself talking my way through the curves and looking far ahead at my aim points rather than close up. What a smooth ride!

I 'discovered' it about 20 years a go. It's an awesome road. It runs from Searcy,Ar. to Siloam Springs,Ar. close to the Ok. border. Glad U had your chance to discover it. Let's keep it our little secret, Sweet Sixteen. ;)

Spent three days in Eureka Springs last week. I go down there every year for the roads. Rode over to Harrison, then down 7 to 16 then back up 23 to Eureka Springs. Excellent riding, and very little traffic of any kind.

There are few great roads in this part of the country. Share them with your close friends, but please keep them off the internet. The last thing we need is another Dragon. Sorry if you think I'm taking a shot at you, but over and over great roads are ruined because they become "known" to the masses. This typically increases accidents therefore bringing increased attention from the police.

Next time Ur over around the Eureka Springs/ Harrison area try this. Hook up on 14 about 20 miles north of Harrison on US 65. Run it east to 125. Go north to Peel and cross the Peel ferry over Bull Shoals Lake free daylight hours. Last ferry in Ar. Back track to 14 and head toward Mountain View. About half way between Buffalo River and Mountain View U come to Highway 341( Push Mountain Rd.) toward Mountain Home. Wet county,stop and wet ur whistle. Next head back toward Mountain View on Highway 5. I also like Hiway 9 from Mountain View to Melbourne and 58 east of Mountain V. off 14 to Sage across White River. I know more but that's enough for now. Try it, you'll like it. Ur friendly Ar. tour guide.

I've run that rode several times. Nice. The Naturally Beemers had their Fall campout at Redding Campground a couple years ago. I also camped out there about 15 years ago when I was doing the Ar. county seat tour. It's allways pretty along the Mulberry River, except at flood stage. Highway 123, about 20 miles to the east gets great rave reviews up to Mount Judea and the Buffalo River area. I've got to get back and run the whole thing,I know I'm missing out. Back to 215, I think some short sections are well maintained gravel. That whole area is considered the southern sde of the Boston Mountains. The whole area is good street and dual-purpose riding. Barry

Back