• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone recognize this jacket?

C

chris_bennett

I spotted what I think is a pretty cool looking jacket in this article about Ewan McGregor's motorcycle tour of Europe:

Ewan McGregor Escapes Misquito Death Bite

ewan_mcgregor_SteveFinn.jpg

Does anyone recognize this BMW jacket that Ewan is wearing? I'd like to pick one up for myself, but have not seen it before.

Thanks,

Chris

And hey, look there on the shoulder.... one of those patches that someone was looking for!! Probably $650 for the patch and they throw in the jacket for free!!

I don't think that there are drums involved, and no, it's not a self portrait. I think it's a picture of a happy little boy who has just been told that he will getting some ice-cream.

>Does anyone recognize this BMW jacket that Ewan is wearing? I'd like to pick one up for myself, but have not seen it before.

So I guess that means BMW-NA hasn't closed down your great local dealership and opened a lifestyle boo-tique which is long on product and short on customer service yet. Count yourself lucky.
You can find the gear on the BMW website, then order it from one of many good dealers. No personal experience with any save Motobins, UK, but I've seen numerous posts from satisfied customers of Chicago BMW. They give a 20% (?) discount on parts, don't know about Riders Apparel.

Me, I'm really interested in BMWs new CF helmet I saw in "BIKE" this month. A trip to Canada might be in order.

dlearl said:
You can find the gear on the BMW website, then order it from one of many good dealers. No personal experience with any save Motobins, UK, but I've seen numerous posts from satisfied customers of Chicago BMW. They give a 20% (?) discount on parts, don't know about Riders Apparel.

I sure wouldn't take anything away from Chicago BMW because I've heard nothing but good stuff about them.

But I have to add that there's a 'new kid on the block' in the Chicago area. That's Tag Sport in Geneva. They carry BMW apparel so you can actually go there and try it on. They also provide service after the sale. When a snap popped out of my liner, they exchanged it for another liner so I wouldn't have to do without. (It was still pretty new at the time.) That contrasts with a local UJM shop where I bought my Firstgear mesh. (DGY in DG. ) When I took it back because teeth were falling out of the zipper, they basically told me that they couldn't help and instead gave me the phone number of Intersport (who imports Firstgear.)

Just because they are a boutique does not mean that they don't have good people that provide service.

Just because they are a boutique does not mean that they don't have good people that provide service.

I agree, my local dealer Revard BMW is a boutique but is staffed by a bunch of guys who actually know what the heck they are talking about. It is always a pleasure to work with them.

Back