• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I can't attend '08; where is the '09 Rally please??

For some reason I'm feeling strongly about Georgia, but I've been wrong before...

and you're wrong again

Originally Posted by djw
...Palmetto Expo Center in Greenville, South Carolina...

Nobody has told me I'm wrong yet.

OK, you're wrong.

I think that's it for Georgia and Greenville...

Hmmm...how about a free pass to the one who guesses the right site? Maybe we are a little loose tongued of an organization for that. Could be fun though.

09 site

Wing Ding 30 is at the Palmetto Expo Center in Greenville, South Carolina next week. That's near the BMW Zentrum.

That's a gathering on the scale of our Rally.

Coincidence? Maybe it's a warm-up.

The vast majority of Gold Winters don't camp, nor do their sites have camping provisions. Their location is not really a good indicator of where the MOA is looking

Don't ask me why an International Rally site without an adequate camping SINGLE Venue location is not such a good idea. :whistle

Friedle

I'm still thinking it's going to be in the greater Dollywood area.

That's why I suggested it might be in the Knoxville area. They have handled the Honda Hoot since it outgrew Asheville and it is just a hop and skip to Dollywood from there.

That's why I suggested it might be in the Knoxville area. They have handled the Honda Hoot since it outgrew Asheville and it is just a hop and skip to Dollywood from there.

Me too. Eastern Tennessee for sure. But I too have been wrong before...heh.

MOA has never had a national in Arkansas. The Ozarks hills or Ouachita Mts. area. would be nice. Eureka Springs area could fill the bill. Or Hot Springs as a second choice. :drink I guess it's too early for that. :laugh

MOA has never had a national in Arkansas. The Ozarks hills or Ouachita Mts. area. would be nice. Eureka Springs area could fill the bill. Or Hot Springs as a second choice. :drink I guess it's too early for that. :laugh

I've been to Eureka Springs and don't know where 5,000 people would camp and there would be 75,000 to 100,000 square feet of indoor vendor space. :dunno

Hot Springs as a second choice.

Barry is right on with Hot Springs. Great roads in and out. Shuttle service to the airport in Little Rock. Dealer in Little Rock. Plenty of hotels, convention center, and camping in one city with public transportation geared towards tourist.

If not for a MOA International Rally, how about a MOA sponsored event like the one being done in New York this fall. Oh, yeah, need someone to get it organized? I have no problems volunteering to do that.

Barry is right on with Hot Springs. Great roads in and out. Shuttle service to the airport in Little Rock. Dealer in Little Rock. Plenty of hotels, convention center, and camping in one city with public transportation geared towards tourist.

If not for a MOA International Rally, how about a MOA sponsored event like the one being done in New York this fall. Oh, yeah, need someone to get it organized? I have no problems volunteering to do that.

I know nothing about the dealer in Little Rock but Bentonville BMW is a jewel, plain and simple! Arkansas is set up to handle tourists and has some of the best motorcycle roads in North America. I feel sure that one of the colleges or universities could make lodging available at prices that would encourage some of the died in the wool campers to fork over a couple bucks. I have nothing against camping or against saving nickels but those aren't the only considerations, or are they?

I know nothing about the dealer in Little Rock but Bentonville BMW is a jewel, plain and simple! Arkansas is set up to handle tourists and has some of the best motorcycle roads in North America. I feel sure that one of the colleges or universities could make lodging available at prices that would encourage some of the died in the wool campers to fork over a couple bucks. I have nothing against camping or against saving nickels but those aren't the only considerations, or are they?

I don't think it's always about "saving nickels". Many riders actually like camping:jawdrop

I admit it's gets tougher as we get older, but given a choice of camping with fellow enthusiasts or going into a motel room, closing the door and watching tv.....guess what I'd choose??

The thing about camping at a rally is that everyone has the same experience. If it's cold, we're all cold, wet....etc (you get the picture ;) I admit a nice room with A/C is great......I get them all the time (for work!!).

BMW rallies have always been about the enjoying the outdoors (camping). I know.... it's not the choice for all, but that's "tradionally" been the scene at a BMW rally. I also know it's changing .:cry . Bikes change, riders change, rallies change. :gerg

2009 BMW MOA International Rally Site

All,
The 2009 BMW MOA International Rally will be held at the Appalachian Fair, in Gray, TN, July 16th~19th. Gray is about 11 miles NE of Johnson City, TN off of I-26, and is located in the heart of the some of the best riding country the south eastern United States has to offer. Deals Gap is just about 125 miles to the south west, and the Blue Ride Parkway lies to the east.

Here's a link to the Fair's web site, however many of it's pages are still under construction: www.appalachianfair.com.

Last edited:
All,
The 2009 BMW MOA International Rally will be held at the Appalachian Fair, in Gray, TN, July 16th~19th. Gray is about 11 miles NE of Johnson City, TN off of I-26, and is located in the heart of the some of the best riding country the south eastern United States has to offer. Deals Gap is just about 125 miles to the south west, and the Blue Ride Parkway lies to the east.

Here's a link the the Fair's web site, however many of it's pages are still under construction: www.appalachianfair.com.

Looks good as the Bristol, Kingsport, Johnson City area has a fair number of hotel rooms and it appears that the rally will not be held when the Speedway is active. It will be hot and humid though.

I wonder if East Tennessee State University will make dorm rooms and the cafeteria available to rallyists?

Looks good as the Bristol, Kingsport, Johnson City area has a fair number of hotel rooms and it appears that the rally will not be held when the Speedway is active. It will be hot and humid though.

I wonder if East Tennessee State University will make dorm rooms and the cafeteria available to rallyists?

All - please note that the Rally Chair for 2009 just announced this last night, and so there will be a build up of questions well ahead of his (our) ability to respond. Go ahead and get'em out there - it just may be a bit before they get answered. We're focused on Gillette at the moment. :brow

Back