• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

I can't attend '08; where is the '09 Rally please??

markmacrae

I was a newbie at Lima '5, apprentice at VT '06 and seasoned at West Bend'07.
I cannot make Gillette but I'm hooked, so where is '09 so I can look forward to it!
Have Fun this year!!!!
Mark

I cannot make Gillette but I'm hooked, so where is '09 so I can look forward to it!
Have Fun this year!!!!
Mark

Nice try. :stick

Just kidding. It is a state secret. It will be announced at Gillette and most likely posted on this forum within 30 seconds of the announcement. :laugh

Just kidding. It is a state secret. It will be announced at Gillette and most likely posted on this forum within 30 seconds of the announcement. :laugh

I wonder who'll be sitting in the audience waiting to transmit? We have WAYYY too many geeks in this club. :laugh

Sad I'm Not Attending '08 Gillette

Hi Gail, Hi Karol, thanks to all for replies.

My "big trip" THIS year (usually limited to 8 days) is a 12-day trip from Marblehead, MA to St. John's, Newfoundland.
I'm looking at 1,100 miles each way, plus 2 ferry rides each way totaling 13 hours on the water. I expect to log close to 4,000 miles including sight-seeing.
When my late mother was born in Logy Bay there in 1927, the Dominion of Newfoundland was an independent country (1907-1934). She was the eldest of 6. Her 2 sisters in Logy Bay passed within 10 months of my mother's passing in 2006. I have not been to NL since one trip in 1966 at age 15 so I'm reconnecting with a dozen cousins and one uncle!

Gail, I wish you and Lisa the BEST summer yet!! Stay well and Ride Safe!

Mark

PS: I'm happy to wait until July 17 to find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder who'll be sitting in the audience waiting to transmit? We have WAYYY too many geeks in this club. :laugh

Good question, we should have a "fastest modem" contest to see who will broadcast first.

Nurse Nancy and I will be sailing in the North Channel of Lake Huron so we most likely will not be withing range. But you can bet that as soon as I can connect, I will.

At least we know it will be in the SE.:laugh

Hi Gail, Hi Karol, thanks to all for replies.

My "big trip" THIS year (usually limited to 8 days) is a 12-day trip from Marblehead, MA to St. John's, Newfoundland.
I'm looking at 1,100 miles each way, plus 2 ferry rides each way totaling 13 hours on the water. I expect to log close to 4,000 miles including sight-seeing.
When my late mother was born in Logy Bay there in 1927, the Dominion of Newfoundland was an independent country (1907-1934). She was the eldest of 6. Her 2 sisters in Logy Bay passed within 10 months of my mother's passing in 2006. I have not been to NL since one trip in 1966 at age 15 so I'm reconnecting with a dozen cousins and one uncle!

Gail, I wish you and Lisa the BEST summer yet!! Stay well and Ride Safe!

Mark

PS: I'm happy to wait until July 17 to find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a great trip Mark. What in interesting family story. Ride report with photos upon your return????

Ride well.

Betcha can't keep up:laugh

Is that a dare? To keep up with Gail, I would need a different bike.

I'm like Mark. Very time constrained. Unless the rally is in the western half of the continent, my attendance is unlikely. I will, however be in Gillette. See y'all in 27 days.

That is correct but like all secrets the location will probably leak out before Gillette just like last year. So stay tuned!

That is correct but like all secrets the location will probably leak out before Gillette just like last year. So stay tuned!

Wasn't "leaked" last year. Was announced at the BOD meeting. Public announcement, no secrets.

This year the contracts were not all in place at that meeting and no announcement was made.

Wasn't "leaked" last year. Was announced at the BOD meeting. Public announcement, no secrets.

This year the contracts were not all in place at that meeting and no announcement was made.

There is a very good chance that the official announcement will be made around the end of this month. :jose

I just received notice that the 2009 site will be announced Monday on the Website, I think that means the front page.

Stay tuned. ;)

Have Fun this year!!!!
Mark
I heard it was going to be at your house. Dibs on the sofa closest to the kitchen!!!

Back