• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Forum Volunteers in the Saloon!

MANICMECHANIC

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW
Greetings! It's that time again, I'm in search of a few good people who inhabit this forum, and perhaps convince them to participate in serving up suds for other thirsty campers for one shift in the Saloon. We're looking for as many as possible to do the Friday, 4pm-8pm shift. What say you? Here's an opportunity to have some fun, meet some new friends, and perhaps finally put faces to the names you've only seen on the screen. For those who haven't done this sort of thing before, there will be a couple folks taking money and counting out tickets. There will be some people exchanging tickets for canned beverages. There will be some people exchanging tickets for draught beverages. And there will be some people keeping the beverage supply stocked. For all this you will receive our gratitude, and maybe even some kind of swag, along with all the water you can drink while on shift(sorry, no beer while working, them's da rules).

Those interested please PM me, or post here. I look forward to meeting all of you, and working with those who want to help out.

Greetings! It's that time again, I'm in search of a few good people who inhabit this forum, and perhaps convince them to participate in serving up suds for other thirsty campers for one shift in the Saloon. We're looking for as many as possible to do the Friday, 4pm-8pm shift. What say you? Here's an opportunity to have some fun, meet some new friends, and perhaps finally put faces to the names you've only seen on the screen. For those who haven't done this sort of thing before, there will be a couple folks taking money and counting out tickets. There will be some people exchanging tickets for canned beverages. There will be some people exchanging tickets for draught beverages. And there will be some people keeping the beverage supply stocked.

And there will be some people, just getting in the way:bolt

Wish I could make the rally,if I was goin',I'd be workin'behind the bar,sellin'ice,which I've done a few times in the past...

Bertram Brothers

We can't do it Friday night, but my two brothers and I would love to volunteer in the Saloon Thursday night! It's probably best to have the three of us behind the bar and not drinking, haha.

PM me if you like and let me know what to do next.
Eric

I worked the beer garden in West Bend last year. It was a blast. I highly recommend it.

It's starting to look like I'm not going to make it this year, or else I'd already be signed up.

i already voluntered to work the trash detail (fri 3-5pm) so serving beer will be like a promotion to me, count me in.

I'll try it;

I'm into a couple other events as co chair in one ,volunteer in another, but will try to be there too, if possible for the booze garden."Polarbear". Come ON, SNC Bakersfield? I know the "bun in the oven" thing is heavy on your mind. Your wife aok? You can ride with us, out of Clovis on Saturday morning. Join my wife and myself riding GSA1200 and KLR650(camping), my wife just got a new KLR650 and its going:), if we can afford the gas. No serious, call us if you want to ride and your wife is ok with it. I don't want you to miss the big day, however! I called you, passing through a while back and know your circumstance, as you told me:). Happy trails, Randy"Polarbear"559-323-6780.

Yah shor, count me in to help out for a while if you're still looking for volunteers. I can't do 4 hours since I'll have my 12 year old son with me ... although now that I think of it, is he able to help out too?
Cheers, Ed

Can I connect with you at the Rally

This is my very first Rally and I am also helping the Environmental Team but serving suds sounds like fun.
Can I connect with you at the Rally and see what time you have open? Sorry about this sort of non-commital response but not sure what to expect once I arrive and need to get my bearings before volunteering for something else.

:drink - that's H2O I'm drinking!!!

Thanks for volunteering, folks! So far we've got eleven - redclfco, Polarbear, nytrashman, Ed vonEuw and son, motojoe, KRAZO, Eschwab855, Burnszilla and missus, and I'm hoping BAClark. We can use a few more, and I'll be leaving for the West in just a week and a half.

Looking forward to seeing everybody out there! You know where I'll be - hangin' around the saloon.

Randy

This is my very first Rally and I am also helping the Environmental Team but serving suds sounds like fun.
Can I connect with you at the Rally and see what time you have open? Sorry about this sort of non-commital response but not sure what to expect once I arrive and need to get my bearings before volunteering for something else.

:drink - that's H2O I'm drinking!!!

Yahoo!!! a rally:dance greenhorn

BAClark - this is my first rally, too. Looks like we will have to team up for protection!:uhoh

Last edited:
Gee, Karol, is that what they're calling them this year?

OK, you two new folks, I've got your names and I'll be looking fer ya both on Friday from 4-8.

Back