• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photo Tour of Dual Sport Events & MC Rallies

323231774_fLZmW-XL-1.jpg

Builders from as far away as Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Japan, Germany, Belgium and France. Builder celebrities Orange County Choppers, Arlen Ness, Jesse James and many more were in attendance.​

323291560_xkdiW-XL-1.jpg

323228962_gcYnt-XL.jpg

Kettle Moraine Sport Riders/

398550894_mtnHX-XL.jpg

The KMSR Dual Sport is one of my fav-o-right events of the year. I rode down to the D.S. Ride with PapaLobster. Lobster decided to ride to the KMSR and not trailer his KTM EXC450. Eight hours, 70 dirt and 175 road miles on a inch and half wide KTM seat makes my BMW R100GS Lazy Boy seat look like the bike to have, well at least for the highway miles and also from my butt's point of view.:rofl

Dual Sport Ride

Ride over 70 miles of scenic secondary roads connecting privately owned properties, each with one to five-mile off-road trail loops.

Ride any motorcycle you want to ride in the woods, as long it is street legal. There will be paved road sections, so headlight, tail light, brake light, license plate and muffler are mandatory. Note: Loud is bad. 96 decibel limit will be enforced.

KMSR Rider's Meeting

398383420_wWuK3-XL.jpg

Mandatory Rider's meeting. We learned all sorts of stuff. One example, if you hit reserve then you should look for a water tower and somewhere near will be a gas station..​

398407857_XjXfh-XL.jpg

Moose and a fellow KMSR sign out a rider. MidCities MotorSports, 7515 Friendly Drive, West Bend, Wisconsin. (Just north of West Bend) have a track and one nice little hill to start out the day ride.

Note: if you have a small old monitor like I have, then hit F11 on your keyboard to get full screen. Remember to hit F11 when you are done to return to the regular browser screen.

turtle vs rabbit story

398407310_BtBWi-X3-1.jpg

I by-passed this MidCities "Hill". This hill was a "Bunny Hill" compared to the hill I by-passed on a hero section, My photos never do hills justice.​

398408927_ATFtT-XL.jpg

Riders like this dude catching "Air", I ride with on dual sport rides. I by-passed most of the Hero sections and did not rest and visit after each section. I stopped to take photos, but I made the whole ride making all the sections before the sections were closed. When I was ahead of the fast guys I would just pull over and let everyone pass me, kinda turtle vs rabbit story​

398384690_cmcBE-XL.jpg

The Poo Field

398409670_ZLMzJ-XL.jpg

Above: The first off road section had an area that was literally "Slick as Sh*t" ,as you can well tell from this riders pants. That natural fertilizer sure stunk!

Below: The "Poo" stuck on my Dunlap 606 tire

papalobster said:
You know? one of these rides, I'm going to hook up with someone that takes pictures!

I had a great time and a fun ride. Well except for the poo field, I remembered some sage advice from an old dirt rider as I entered that field "When in doubt, gas it!" I did, but then so did Tom in front of me and roosted me with a great deal of poo mud. Funny....it smelled better than the gloves I had on. I had stored them in my back pack, wet, in Wabeno a few weeks earlier. Anyway, as I was rolling over the muddy sop, I felt very, very sorry for Jim on his airhead!

Wife was kind of bitter when I got home. Somehow poo had attached itself to her new camera case.

398410202_etx5g-XL.jpg

Last edited:
KMSRiders D.S.

On one of the next sections I took way too much time with my camera and the KMSR sweepers caught up to me.​

398476039_g8YBw-XL.jpg

398431256_GFhnc-XL.jpg

398434002_ue763-XL.jpg

"Field" and Forest Dual Sport Ride

In this section a farmer was taking in his crop, adding even more ambience to the "Field" and Forest Dual Sport Ride​

398487618_eoWiB-XL.jpg

398488407_aeHrD-XL.jpg

One of the many "Race Tracks"

398527472_CsqyA-X3.jpg

One of the many "Race Tracks"​

benp1981 said:
"Race Tracks" with the guys watching from the bridge:
KMSR5.jpg

Overview(Oh, so that's why I was lost most of the day):
KMSR4.jpg

Dog thats sitting up and begging:
KMSR3.jpg

Property with that weird hilltop of all mowed grass (ultralight landing strip?):
KMSR2.jpg

Nice spread:
KMSR1.jpg

benp1981 said:
<object width="425" height="344"><object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IYStAwelrYc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object></object>

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bygHhOUqoIs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
<object width="425" height="344"></object>

Thanks, Ben
:thumb

Last edited:
KMSR'S Bridges

398444397_RZ6fW-XL.jpg

Kettle Moraine Sport Riders (KMSR) is a not-for-profit, family friendly club based in West Bend/Kewaskum, Wisconsin, involved in the sport of motorcycling. Kettle Moraine Sport Riders (KMSR) hosts an annual motorcycle Poker Run, hillclimb and a dual sport ride.

Riders used on and off road trails through the Kettle Moraine to challenge themselves and their friends. In this dual sport ride, the course traverses both on and off road trails. Off road trails are separated into regular sections and hero (challenging and for experienced riders) sections.

I would like to thank the KMSR for featuring my photos on their website kettlemorainesportriders.com.

Last edited:
Back