• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Beaver Run Motorsports Park

motoman1150rt

Motoman1150rt
I am 47 years old, I have been riding for quite a few years. I ride a 2003 RT and am in the process of buying my 2nd bike a 93 k75rt my first k bike. Anyway, I attended a track day at Beaver Run on 06/04/2008 sponsored by European Motorcycles of Pittsburgh. OMG!!!! If you like the twisties and speed please sign yourself up for a tarck day. Life is to short!! I rode my RT on the track and had a blast. If you would like to register, check out their website for registration information: http://www.bmwpgh.com/

In addition I would like to comment on Lee and his staff from European Motorcycles of Pittsburgh they put on a great event. Very well organized a little slow starting in the morning(I think was from the rain that fell almost all day). They made lunch and were very helpful to me as well as others in getting ready for this event. I urge anyone who is on the fence about a track day to sign up now!! I might mention it is addictive.

Here is a link to myspace where I have pictures of my Track Day Its included in a slide show on this page: http://www.myspace.com/motoman1150rt

Mike:rocker

Great post Mike. Indeed, time on the track pays many dividends, including major grins. Saw a post elsewhere from someone who went to this Beaver Run event and they had a fantastic time.

I am a little older than you and started track days with my 94 R11RSL in 2001. I have done 30+ track days on the '04 BCR. This is a pic from Beaver run over memorial day.

I also have a dedicated track bike, but prefer the BMW, nothing more satisfying than passing young guys on GSXCBRKZYZF1000's with a BMW.

RB7_8165%201000x650%20corrected.jpg

Nice picture..

Yeah I like passing those young guys to on their crotch rockets. You think they would band together to sue the companies that sell those bikes touted to be the fastest on the planet !! Good to hrear from a fellow BMW rider regarding track riding. I don't get my RT over as far maybe that will come w/ time. I'm hooked on track riding.

Yeah I like passing those young guys to on their crotch rockets. You think they would band together to sue the companies that sell those bikes touted to be the fastest on the planet !! Good to hrear from a fellow BMW rider regarding track riding. I don't get my RT over as far maybe that will come w/ time. I'm hooked on track riding.

I run both Advanced and intermediate classes, and am usually one of the fastest in intermediate, and about in the middle when I run expert.

The secret is being smooth and corner exit speed, a 10-15 MPH head start out of a corner is very hard to overcome with the right wrist, no matter how much power you have.

This was takn by a friend who rides a CBR1000RR and has done a lot of trak days, he kills me on the straights, but I eat him up in the corners.

This was at Mid-Ohio, where we were running 2:00 laps, I was back there last week running 1:52's

http://www.easy-clan.com/ski/richard/4 laps Mid O.wmv

Back