• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Whats for Dinner?

redclfco

My Wife's Jill's birthday last night and this surf and turf of butterfly tiger shrimp, sirloin and other taste treats were consumed by all! German Chocolate cake is NOT pictured...

Yummy

Knowing the regulars on this forum, I know you would appreciate.

So much for the diet!

Attachments

• Whats for Dinner.JPG
    Whats for Dinner.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Dinner at my house on given Thursday, Catskill Mt. Rainbow Trout with Baby Clams in white wine and Zucchini Rounds.... I love Spring Time :eat

Attachments

• CatsTrout2.jpg
    CatsTrout2.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 241
I have a birthday.....will you cook for me? :eat

How about Prawns with Caramelized Cherry Tomatoes and white wine. Garnish of Toasted Garlic, Artichoke Hearts and Polenta Points? .....and of course a big oaky chardonay:bottle

Attachments

• PolentaPoints2.jpg
    PolentaPoints2.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 223
How about Prawns with Caramelized Cherry Tomatoes and white wine. Garnish of Toasted Garlic, Artichoke Hearts and Polenta Points? .....and of course a big oaky chardonay:bottle

Dang Chris! Nice presentation!... :thumb did you say you went to the CIA, too?

Yeah, I did nearly 20 years ago.. I'm cookin computers now and I make swingin dinners as a creative outlet to the monotony of software engineering and keep my skills at least with in scope of getting a gig when I short out on a customer in the board room. I'm saddlin up my GS right now to hit the market for tonight :burnout
Cheers!
:drink

Orange ginger marinated barbeque'd pork loin with orange marmalade ginger glaze and Macaroni Salad.

pork001.jpg

Or

Pan seared sushi grade ahi with mango chutney on a bed of rice.

wino.jpg

Dang! You guys are making me look bad! Since returning home from a vacation in Ireland last week, the thought of cooking has done me in. All I've managed are burgers and dogs on the grill.

I've had to write two menus this week for one of my restaurant customers and I've spent most of the time staring at a blank screen. Next time, I'll just call on Chris!

p.s. I love oaky wines! Do anyone of you have a wine shop nearby called Vino 100? I highly recommend them for some fabulous and inexpensive wines.

I mangled a perfectly good filet of fresh Gulf O' Mexico Red Snapper, my favorite :cry . Grilled ( stuck to the grill cause I slacked and din't clean and lubricate it first) over buttery sweet Mexican Cherry Tomato Cous Cous and dressed with Roasted Serrano + Sweet Herb Salad and Citrus Vinaigrette. I still ate the whole pile I made on our plates with a nice old vines organic Zin from the Mendocino Valley. Sorry, no picture, it wasn't pretty but my wife thought it tasted great. :buds

Last edited:
Since this started as a birthday dinner thread and my birthday has been announced, I will tell ya'll what my birthday super is. Dinner was a ham samich. (Dinner is the noon meal down south.)

Usually a great meal is possum. I can get out after dark and clip them right behind the head on my K100. Doesn't mess the meat up that way. Them runnin lights work real good for spottin 'em.

But tonight, a feast. Armadillo or possum on the half shell.

Ralph Sims

Since this started as a birthday dinner thread and my birthday has been announced, I will tell ya'll what my birthday super is. Dinner was a ham samich. (Dinner is the noon meal down south.)

Usually a great meal is possum. I can get out after dark and clip them right behind the head on my K100. Doesn't mess the meat up that way. Them runnin lights work real good for spottin 'em.

But tonight, a feast. Armadillo or possum on the half shell.

Ralph Sims
I can just imagine you typing this to the effect of several dozen Northerners with their jaws dropped and screwed-up eyes. :ha :ha (I'm one of those Northerners who's fortunate enough to have much family spread around the South, so I totally getcha).

Either way you cut it, Ralph, it was your birthday meal and whether it was possum on the half shell or lobster thermador, it was a meal fit for a king-for-a-day: You! :eat

Crisp Alantic Salmon with Gulf Shrimp over Asparagus Butter and Roasted Sweet & Sour Peppers.

Attachments

• Shrimp&Salmon.jpg
    Shrimp&Salmon.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 75
Forget dinner, I jump right to dessert.

Whole Foods has THE selection, I'm a big fan of the freshly made coconut cream pie....yum!

Attachments

• DSC01855.JPG
    DSC01855.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 56
Back