• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Over the past 8 years

B

belquar

:dance

I got it. Let me tell you....it has been a long time coming.

Had the second interview this morning. Got the job. Start on June 30th. Agency training for a month and then on my own. Academy is down the road. They do it sort of backwards but I am not complaining.

I am so stoked. Can't stop smiling. I am looking forward to this new direction and the challenges it will bring.

Ya'll have a great day. I am.

Brian

That is great news!
I went through a lot of interviews and test to become a firefighter. So here I am 17 years on the floor and wearing two bugles on my badge.
I do not have the patience to be an LEO. I was accepted years ago by the Michigan State Police. I turned it down because I felt that I would be a bad representative for the MSP. The MSP is a fine organization very rich in history.
Just be careful out in the field. You have chosen a rewarding but, dangerous profession. Try not to ticket BMW riders.

Take Care
Pat Carol

Wow congrats! Imagine that doing something you've always wanted to do! :clap

ps. Will you write me a warning instead of a ticket?

As a former resident and frequent traveler in the Garden State, I'm wondering where EXACTLY you will be. Ya know.....just in case.... :D

Congrats on the new job! I wish you lots of success.

Tracy

Congratulations! - a worthwhile direction IMO.

I participated in a ride-along in KC on the mid shift and was very impressed with the experience. My officer put forth a huge effort during the shift in mainly "counseling" with people who he could have opted for a "run-in" if he hadn't the patience and training to deal with them. I don't think I could do that job, I would be inclined to whack people for their craziness, etc.

Good luck to you - and be careful

Brian, Great news! Good luck with the new career.. PBA Cards for everyone that knows you??:D

Congratulations! Let`s hear you say "Yu in a heap of trouble, boy!" or the other classic " What we got here is a failuure to comoonicate!" Although, these are southern euphimisms I am sure there is a New Jersey equivalent. Good Luck ! P.S. I wouldn`t mind knowing some of the N.J. versions .

Last edited:
Congratulations! Let`s hear you say "Yu in a heap of trouble, boy!" or the other classic " What we got here is a failuure to comoonicate!" Although, these are southern euphimisms....

southern, for sure.

brian... first, congratulations! it has to be very rewarding to see something come through that you've worked hard to achieve.

now, to prepare for your first day on the job, head to the donut shop, sit at the counter, and practice your line: hey... we's woikin' ovah heah!

ian

Back