• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Question for you Big Mak fans ?

edge51

I am considering getting one of these. My question is: Can you see the speedo and tach over the bag ? I am 5'9' tall (barely) and don't have the miles yet on my RT to ride by ear and feel alone. I can see the instruments over the bag that my dealer included in my purchse but as I posted before it tends to honk the horn. Bad enough that I can't see the turn signal indicator now - used to self-cancelling signals and tend to forget to cancel.

Also - do the explorer bags have a standard map case on top or do you need to order that as an accessory ?

Any suggestions as to which of the Mak's I can use ? Thanks in advance.

I have a big mak and I have never had a prob seeing the controls. I ride a R1100RSL and I am a bit taller, yet I see no reason you should have dificulty..

Both with the map case on or off you can see the speedometer and most of the indicators. It kind of depends on how you sit. I would recommend the medium, it is what I have. I also am 5'9".

You do need to order the mapcase seperately as well as the rain cover. I have riden in the rain, get the rain cover.

Here are a few pictures that might help:

BigMak001.jpg
BigMak002.jpg
BigMak003.jpg
BigMak004.jpg

Big Mak

I think the BigMak is the way to go. You will have the same problem with any good size bag won't you?
I can see my gauges ok.
You will love it when it comes time to fill your gasoline tank !

thanks all and Brad thanks for the pictures. Are those pictures with the space case mounted ?

Not really mounted

Two out of 4 velcro straps snugged down. I did not do the best job of positioning it. Since I have a GPS, I rarely use it. It does come in handy though for stuff like CD players.

Back