• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Painting system cases?

rob

Can the system cases on my 2003 GS be painted? I prefer a matte black if possible.
Has anyone had any luck with this and if so what did you use for paint?
Thanks,
Rob

I had my City lids painted to match the bike... also had the "orange peel" taken off. Looks very similar to the new 1200 series case lids. I am thinking about the standard cases.

I had the "BMW" paint used.

I had my City lids painted to match the bike... also had the "orange peel" taken off. Looks very similar to the new 1200 series case lids. I am thinking about the standard cases.

I had the "BMW" paint used.

Mine were bought used and were stained with white spots. I repainted them using the Krylon Fusion plastic paint and it has held up very well.

Some frinds of mine in the BMW RAMS club painted their GS cases with truck bed liner black. Had the same 'kinkle' effect. I thought it look appropiate and proper on a GS.

Back