• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Colorado Mountain Passes Trip

swall

Planning on riding the high mountain passes in Colorado, basically a loop from Fairplay to Estes Park up, around and down to Leadville. What kind of weather can I expect? Planning on being there around June 20.

Planning on riding the high mountain passes in Colorado, basically a loop from Fairplay to Estes Park up, around and down to Leadville. What kind of weather can I expect? Planning on being there around June 20.

Every kind. Elevation will be cold and windy and rainy and snowy and some possibility of sleet or hail.

Really, you have to be prepared. Definitely be a lot of snow at the higher elevations. I was in Denver two days ago, they hope to have Trail Ridge road open by Memorial day weekend.

I live up in Summit County. Expect very cool nights and if it rains it will be very, very cold rain. Snow is still a reality at that time of year. Generally Mother Nature likes to drop some short bursts of water around 1pm almost every day.

I'm leaving tomorrow for a trip out West. I will be back on the 20th. If you are in the area PM me and I can show you a free campsite in the Keystone area and I'll be happy to share a victory beer.
Cheers

Back