• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Windscreen Up/Down?

RJM2096

I have an RT and love the electric windscreen. How do you ride with your windscreen? Up/Down/Halfway and under what conditions?

OLY20080518004.jpg

i like to set it where i just look over the wind shield and at that point it gives me all the protection i want.On hotter days i lower it to get some air.

I prefer low position at slow speeds and higher up at faster speeds. I still like to see over the windshield when it is up. My previous bikes did not have adjustable windshields and I went through a couple of different heights until I found one that I could see at the right height.

I lower the screen until I start to feel buffeting or dirty air, then raise it until it goes away. Usually lower, if not all the way down, in town or slow riding. I have a Cee-Bailey +2 and never look through it.

Still trying to figure it out

I put a CB +6 on my RT and am still trying to figure out where to run it. I am leaving it down at slow speeds as well but ride at speed with it up to just under my eye level so I can look over it. I realized that trying to look through gave too much distortion to see the road surface up here.

I'm getting a lot of helmet wind noise with the windshield in any position. Especially with a cross wind. I have the saddle in the highest position but will lower it to the mid spot to see if that helps the noise.

I have an Aeroflow and run it low enough just to see over it and if weather is bad (ie. windy or rain) I raise it up and look through it. Also use it 3/4 up with 2 up. Full up with 2 up seems to stall the flow over the screen.

Mike

I have the stock screen, and keept it down unless it is below 20 degrees, or raining very heavily, or really gusty winds are ripping my head off.

The airflow with the shield down is very smooth, unless I am behind a pickup truck or semi....

Back