• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post photos of your vintage (pre-1970) BMW motorcycle

1939 r23

Here is my '39 R23, a 250cc prewar single. Slow, but cute. Giant 3.00 x 19 tires..:)

Notice that the frame is not one piece. The the frame completely bolts together.

Go over to the side car form, I put two photos of two of my side car rigs there.

Attachments

• r23_2.jpg
    r23_2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 487
From the Redmond Rally

Here are a couple pics of my 1928 R52, taken by Visian at the Redmond Rally this year. (Don't look at the non-ATTGATT attire; I had just washed the dust off the bike and was returning to the Vintage Display.)

934691712_2TkLn-S.jpg

934692454_EcjGU-S.jpg

But to get back to Vech's old bikes, here's his R12 sidecar rig getting some use this past spring:

P4178329.JPG

P4178335.JPG

(That's Mark and Esthi Huggett, who had just tied the knot at Vech's Spring Rally. I don't know what he has planned for 2011, but I can't see how it can top this.)

Another R52

This is my 1928 R52, just like Darrel's. The brass plate on the front fender is the original dealer's plate, that was put on the bike, when it was sold, new.
And, yes, all the numbers match on this bike also.

Attachments

• r52.jpg
    r52.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 887
1943 R75 taking the engine and trans out of the frame

Since not too many people have ever even seen a WWII R75, let alone worked on one, here is a photo made during dis assembly as to how one removes the engine and transmission from the frame. I had just got the bike running, and had a very bad oil leak at the seal of the foot shift shaft on the gearbox, so it had to be taken back apart to replace the seal. No fun at all!

Attachments

• R75 1942 - c03.jpg
    R75 1942 - c03.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 839
1966 r50/2

I sold it last year, but heres somes photos of my /2

966347418_27wtR-X3.jpg

966347720_4DPoP-XL.jpg

966349060_3Hjeo-XL.jpg

My new ride

Got this in AZ. Looking forward to riding it when spring finally comes! (I live in MA).

Attachments

• Copyof1960BMWR50LS.jpg
    Copyof1960BMWR50LS.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 761
She looks nice...seat's probably pretty comfortable. We'll be interested to see how well the fly screen does when you get a chance to ride it.

My bmw r68 1953

I got this bike last year and finish restoration in Jan 2011.

Attachments

• R68 a2.jpg
    R68 a2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 696
My bmw r68 1953

Matching number engine and frame 651058.

Attachments

• R68 a.jpg
    R68 a.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 691
Thank you sir...I will add that to the list. I helps when someone is wondering what year to call their bike if the info they have is a bit murky.

progress photo 1942 R75

Guys, here is a progress photo of the 1942 R75. I managed to find an original photo of an R75 of the 1st Waffen SS division, and I could read the tag number, so I have painted this bike, and put the correct tag number on it, as the photo shows.

If the painter will ever get done with the side car body, and I can get my pinstripe artist to come and paint the nose art on the sidecar, it will be finished.

I'm going to bring it to the MOA national, so watch for it, when you are at the rally.

Attachments

• r75 almost done 03.jpg
    r75 almost done 03.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 631
More progress, 1942 R75

This is the latest photo of the R75. The MG 34 machine gun is now mounted on it's transportation rack. Everything is now mounted on the side car tub, including the spare barrel carrier, fuel can, metal bags, and spare, with the anti aircraft machine gun mount over the spare tire holder. I still have a day or two's work left to do, such as painting with a brush, all the nuts and bolts I used on the side car body, and I still have to install the tonneau cover mounts on the tub.

Attachments

• 75 almost complete - 02.jpg
    75 almost complete - 02.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 575
This is the latest photo of the R75. The MG 34 machine gun is now mounted on it's transportation rack. Everything is now mounted on the side car tub, including the spare barrel carrier, fuel can, metal bags, and spare, with the anti aircraft machine gun mount over the spare tire holder. I still have a day or two's work left to do, such as painting with a brush, all the nuts and bolts I used on the side car body, and I still have to install the tonneau cover mounts on the tub.
Nice! Almost ready for that rally in Leningrad!:lol

I took my 1955 R50 on a 150 jaunt to Viroqua , WI for the Lorem Ipsum Rally.
Around 350 miles round trip and she purred like a kitten. Not to many Vintage bikes this year, probably because of the rain clouds which chased me off after an hour and a half. We both are too old for the rain. :lol

MenR50.jpg
[/IMG]

Back