• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

My other Hobby

mfifer

Titan Silver
Thought maybe someone here would be intrested in seeing some shots taken of my N Scale Albuquerque Carnuel and Tijeras Railroad. Just for reference the locomotives are about 3.5" to 4" long.

DSCN5574-700.jpg

kachina-1.jpg

DSCN0486-600.jpg

ATL-001955-2.jpg

ATL-001948.jpg

ATL-001838.jpg

Mike

Not a train guy myself, but one of my best friends is. I can appreciate the work you have put into this. Thanks for the look into your hobby.
:thumb :thumb

Thanks Guys , I have enjoyed it for some 40 years now and built over 10 layouts and some 4000 plastc model kits.
Mike

That's really neat. Something about model train layouts that is just so fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Gail and Dan , I was hoping some of you might find it somewhat enjoyable.
Thanks , Mike

Wow, Wow Wow

Did I say "Wow"?

Excellent. Always enjoy seeing the other interests of MOA members.

Wow that dime must be huge. Is that some kind of sculpture in the train yard.

LOL :laugh

Thanks Bud , I really enjoy it but now that I am back on bikes from a 26 year obstention, I am loving riding. I really miss the racing but I am a much wiser rider now. ( Wiser , word meaning older )

Mike

Paging Cjack to the white courtesy telephone. . . .

Those are great photos. Looks like a fun hobby, too. My brother's been talking about getting into it, but he's been investing his money in handmade pipes.

Absolutely Awesome!

Man that is too cool! I wish I had the talent and a little more free time to do omething like that. The historical aspect is fascinating and the creative skill, well to quote sibud,

"WOW"!

Thanks Again Guys . The oldness that is created for an indoor environment is called weathering and is an art in its self.
Thanks Again , Mike

Sweet little setup

My son has always loved trains. He collected brio when he was a tot, and eventually graduated to large scale ("G") scale models. I had never really cared for that hobby, but to have a common interest I assembled models, and set up a garden railroad and indulged his hobby. Best of all, took him via motorcycle, to tourist trains all over the northwest. Those turned out to be some of the best times we spent together when he was young.

Now he has moved away, but we still have stacks and stacks of boxed train stuff.

My son has always loved trains. He collected brio when he was a tot, and eventually graduated to large scale ("G") scale models. I had never really cared for that hobby, but to have a common interest I assembled models, and set up a garden railroad and indulged his hobby. Best of all, took him via motorcycle, to tourist trains all over the northwest. Those turned out to be some of the best times we spent together when he was young.

Now he has moved away, but we still have stacks and stacks of boxed train stuff.

Glad it was a great father and son experiance for you guys and some day he will want all that boxed stuff.
Mike
PS we also have G scale for our grandsons.

I ran N scale when I was a kid. Not nearly as nice as that though. Mine was just some track nailed to some plywood. Brought back some good memories. I don't have many but those were good. :)

Thanks!

Thanks Mongo , Glad you enjoyed them early. I was gonna tell you on another post , I like your site and the nice Road King.

Mike

Thanks Russ and welcome here! As you see I am pretty new here myself but WOW what a bunch of nice guys!

Mike

Back