Thread: Gravity is not always my friend...

Gravity is not always my friend...

My beautiful 2002 r1150rt fell over this evening off of its center stand . My right mirror/turn signal unit is ruined (or ruint, depending on where you live). Where oh where should I look to replace it for less than 5 billion dollars ? Any help is help. Thanx! - Jameson:

Registered User ALIENHITCHHIKER's Avatar
    Steve
    Current Hottie: '00 R1100RT
    Old Flames: '85 K100RT, '80 Yamaha XS850, '67 Triumph Bonnie, '66 Honda 90 Scrambler

USERNAME
    sorry to hear this! dang! i had a buddy have his r1100rt blow over in high winds and his mirror went a flying. fortunately he was able to buff out the scuffs and all is good. (did you have that nice color-mathced luggage on the bike? ouch!)

(i assume you are ok?)

Thanx...

....fer responding. Yes, I am fine other than feeling my Bike's pain. I work on the road and have rented a couple cabins (versus hotels) in the past 7 months (Lee & Elliott Countys) in Kentucky and the actual ground around my cabins is NOT ideal fer a center stand. I spent several minutes yesterday trying to be careful to avoid just such a crash...I was then horrified when my wifey says: "Jameson, you're bike fell over!" Live and learn - things can always be worse. Good day to you and yours!

Well it can look like a lot of GS's now!

Kidding man. It sucks. That's why I drive a GS with guards. Daily life stuff happens. I'd love to get an RT but the day to day abuse they see with me riding them would make it not pretty, pretty quick. With it sitting in my repair shop to the gravel I see frequently.
    Jason
    Give a hand. http://www.akitas.org

Off topic

Usually it is a woman who says "Gravity is not my best friend."

lseidman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
    ....fer responding. Yes, I am fine other than feeling my Bike's pain. I work on the road and have rented a couple cabins (versus hotels) in the past 7 months (Lee & Elliott Countys) in Kentucky and the actual ground around my cabins is NOT ideal fer a center stand. I spent several minutes yesterday trying to be careful to avoid just such a crash...I was then horrified when my wifey says: "Jameson, you're bike fell over!" Live and learn - things can always be worse. Good day to you and yours!
    Sorry to hear of your mishap and glad you are OK.

Since I first got my RT I carry a small piece of plywood in one of the hard bags that is large enough to use with the center stand on soft ground, similar to using a flatted tin/ beer can under the side stand on soft ground to evenly support the weight.

Works great and i've had no problems.