• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Zumo on a BMW Cruiser

bluehole

I am wondering how folks have handled mounting the Zumo on BMW cruisers. Has anyone here done it or know some one who has a Zumo on a C? Just wondering what the options are and what seems to work best. Thanks.

I am wondering how folks have handled mounting the Zumo on BMW cruisers. Has anyone here done it or know some one who has a Zumo on a C? Just wondering what the options are and what seems to work best. Thanks.

I have my Zumo mounted on the handle bar of my CL. I have the power wired with the hot wire into one of the fuses and the ground wire to a screw where the injector hooks up to the cylinder. Check my profile to get my web page and click on Motorcycle when you get there for pictures.

Mines on a RAM mount. Blocks most of the speedo, but who cares, don't need it anyway. Right now I plug it into the 12V. Wire runs through a tank bag and is velcro'd to the frame down by the plug, so its pretty much out of the way.

I am in the process of getting the Centec AP1 (or AP2, depends on the bike) fuse blocks for each of my bikes. Then I can hard wire the GPS, extra lights, etc to each bike as needed. The C will probably be one of the last bikes done, the only thing I plug in is the Zumo.

Since I run my Garmin 2730 in my car and on the R12C, I use a 12V power cord plugged directly in the acc socket. Mounting on the right center handlebar with a RAM mount works perfectly. I'm able to visualize the screen without diverting my eyes too far from the road, and it only blocks the turn signal / neutral indicators.

Back