• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

are you tired of the whining?

it's clockwork orange run amok! :ha
it's a typical tea party with the realtives round. Sometimes emotions run high when there is only one crumpet left!

Actually, the point of the link to the UK GS site was to show how, when localised, it's not so vocalised.

There's every possibility you could encounter someone you may have a contrary opinion to. The UK is a small place at the best of times, so compartmentalising it tends to throw folk together more often. Here, it's sucha large country and the MOA treats it as one entity, there's very little chance of such encounters, unless you go looking for them at rallies, so you can throw scurrilous comments around, take jibes at the mods and whoever you want, then hide.

Regional forums is one way to resolve this, another is the noticeboard thread..posting events at local levels usually only generates "Are you going? Shall we meet? type posts and not... "if you go it means you are a fascist, communist, liberal, conservative, gay, straight, white, black, harley rider, small cc, toss pot, or, "it's too far away", "it's too small", "it's too big," "the organisers have a hidden agenda""they don't have an agenda" and all the bollocks I've seen here on this site...

I'm sure even with local level forums, there'd be someone wanting to start an arguement, but a quick "WTF was that all about?" the next time they encountered a fellow local may resolve it...embarrassement factor is a great deterent.

It would also tie the BMWMOA in with affiliate clubs more closely.

This really needs to go to the doghouse. It's run it's course and between the folks hijacking it and others just taking cheap shots it really has no discussion purpose any more.

(Hijack on)

So you are tired of the whining. :wave

(Hijack off)

(Hijack on)

So you are tired of the whining. :wave

(Hijack off)

Like I said before.

"Is starting a thread whining about whining not just whining squared?"

Perhaps the thread would have been doghoused earlier had it been started by another person, say not a moderator?

:stick :bolt

Like I said before.

"Is starting a thread whining about whining not just whining squared?"

Perhaps the thread would have been doghoused earlier had it been started by another person, say not a moderator?

:stick :bolt

So far the thread has stayed within BMWMOA forum guidelines as to content and behavior. No reason to doghouse it.

This forum has opened up many opportunities, not all or them are good.
In fact, if one is talking to someone, and one feels they are "whining" about something, they have already made up their mind that the person
has no valid point. That does not mean it is, or isn't valid, that is merely the conclusion the listener's has reached. As far as the OP, it is unfair if all of these accusations are unfounded. However, the organization should be transparent to insure that they stay unfounded. There is certainly large amounts of money in the Club coffers, and we all know what happens when you mix people, large mounts of money, and no accountability or transparency. There is a chance for dishonesty. It would be a shame to see something like that happen to the BMWMOA.:wave

Roy, you said:
large mounts of money, and no accountability or transparency. There is a chance for dishonesty. It would be a shame to see something like that happen to the BMWMOA
It would be a shame, but since there is accountability - and the Bylaws are pretty clear on how transparency is achieved:

Section 10. Treasurer

The treasurer shall be the chief financial officer of BMW MOA and shall exercise those duties customarily assumed in that office, including the preparation of financial reports as the board of directors may direct, and such other duties as the board may assign. The treasurer shall cause to be published in BMW Owners News semiannual reports of the financial status of BMW MOA, of which one report shall be as of the end of each fiscal year.

All BMW MOA checks and negotiable instruments shall be signed by any two of the following: the president, the vice-president, the secretary, the treasurer, or their authorized agents approved by the board of directors. For the International Rally account only the treasurer may authorize the rally treasurer to be the single signature for checks not to exceed an amount to be specified by the board.

I'd have to guess you were simply hypothesizing.. eh? Good thing we DO have these protections built in already IMHO.

Roy, you said:
It would be a shame, but since there is accountability - and the Bylaws are pretty clear on how transparency is achieved:

Section 10. Treasurer

The treasurer shall be the chief financial officer of BMW MOA and shall exercise those duties customarily assumed in that office, including the preparation of financial reports as the board of directors may direct, and such other duties as the board may assign. The treasurer shall cause to be published in BMW Owners News semiannual reports of the financial status of BMW MOA, of which one report shall be as of the end of each fiscal year.

All BMW MOA checks and negotiable instruments shall be signed by any two of the following: the president, the vice-president, the secretary, the treasurer, or their authorized agents approved by the board of directors. For the International Rally account only the treasurer may authorize the rally treasurer to be the single signature for checks not to exceed an amount to be specified by the board.

I'd have to guess you were simply hypothesizing.. eh? Good thing we DO have these protections built in already IMHO.
Yep. Good guess. I never said there was any funny business going on, and if I gave the impression the organization was not transparent, I apologize. I was merely indicating what could happen if a dishonest person or group of people was elected. I don't really follow the club issues that closely anyways. I just like to party with the members.:dance

This forum has opened up many opportunities, not all or them are good.
In fact, if one is talking to someone, and one feels they are "whining" about something, they have already made up their mind that the person
has no valid point. That does not mean it is, or isn't valid, that is merely the conclusion the listener's has reached. As far as the OP, it is unfair if all of these accusations are unfounded. However, the organization should be transparent to insure that they stay unfounded. There is certainly large amounts of money in the Club coffers, and we all know what happens when you mix people, large mounts of money, and no accountability or transparency. There is a chance for dishonesty. It would be a shame to see something like that happen to the BMWMOA.:wave

Same goes for being accused of "ranting" The practice of shouting down by accusation and insinuation is unfair, and is a passive agressive way of saying I disagree with you and want you to stop stating your opinion. I have seen this done, usually by the same bully (s) in the crowd, thankfully few and far between.

If this forum is only for those who agree OR if the forum and/or this club is only for the experts of the crowd who are always right and everyone else is wrong , then it would be time for me to move on; but fortunately it's not. The forum in the majority are fair participants are great people.

Same goes for being accused of "ranting" The practice of shouting down by accusation and insinuation is unfair, and is a passive agressive way of saying I disagree with you and want you to stop stating your opinion. I have seen this done, usually by the same bully (s) in the crowd, thankfully few and far between.

If this forum is only for those who agree OR if the forum and/or this club is only for the experts of the crowd who are always right and everyone else is wrong , then it would be time for me to move on; but fortunately it's not. The forum in the majority are fair participants are great people.

Hey Red,

You saying I'm wrong? :wave

That's what I like about this place. We can be not serious with each other, like I just was, and no one takes offense.

Except for that one old grouch (not naming names :laugh ).

Ride well. Ride West. Have a great time.

Back