Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38
Results 556 to 560 of 560

Thread: Finally! Some good news about my daughter.

  1. #556
    Registered User Rapid_Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    5,761
    Quote Originally Posted by rebake View Post
    Peoria in January is nice,you should come down.
    It is, I did, and you was there!


    That was a hoot.

    Things will be tough this summer, My girl was skating on the edge of seizures, every other day or so, and now it appears to be weekly. We have upped Meds and supplements since her last seizure on Saturday and are watching and waiting. As this may go on for a while, and most all of my energy is needed at home right now, I won't know if I will make any rallies or get togethers until shortly before they happen. I would be a liar if I didn't say I getting a bit worn out after 12+ years, these last ones being more challenging with the seizures. Probably still not going to stop trying to wring some happiness out of all of this before I pass, but dang it takes some work some times.

    Meh, whattya gonna do? Have a great weekend everybody.
    We might go to the RV show, perhaps it put some wind under our wings.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

  2. #557
    Still Wondering mika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fly Over Land
    Posts
    11,807
    Hang in there big guy!

    Enjoy the RV show, you never know what you might find.


  3. #558
    Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Lakeland,FL
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid_Roy View Post
    I would be a liar if I didn't say I getting a bit worn out after 12+ years, these last ones being more challenging with the seizures. Probably still not going to stop trying to wring some happiness out of all of this before I pass, but dang it takes some work some times.
    I would like to encourage you to keep up the good fight. Yes it is hard work. But you are improving the quality of life for someone else and in so doing that is the ultimate sacrifice parents are tasked with. Parents with special kids are tasked quite a bit harder than most but they usually enjoy better benefits also from those special kids. At least that was our case.

    Our son Chad was born with Spina Bifida. Three surgeries the next day, 16 major ones overall, 40 extended stays in hospitals for one thing or another. Wheelchair bound most his life, no bladder or bowel control, couldn't speak much, and on and on.

    Never met a kid with so much love and joy for life. Taught us more than we could have ever taught him. He improved the quality of our life immeasurably. He was a lot of work over his short 16 years. Woke up one morning to find him in a coma. Long story short 30 days later he left this world for the next and we were without him. Losing him was worse than caring for him. Miss him every day. Glad he is finally healed but would do it all over again in a heart beat. A thousand people showed up at his celebration service because he had touched their life in a special way. I gave his eulogy and spoke of all he taught us over the years and how God used him to touch us and others. I pray your child will have this same impact on you and those around you. That can make it all worth while.

  4. #559
    Registered User Rapid_Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    5,761
    Quote Originally Posted by mika View Post
    Hang in there big guy!

    Enjoy the RV show, you never know what you might find.

    That will solve 2 problems I have. 3

    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

  5. #560
    Registered User Rapid_Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    5,761
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    I would like to encourage you to keep up the good fight. Yes it is hard work. But you are improving the quality of life for someone else and in so doing that is the ultimate sacrifice parents are tasked with. Parents with special kids are tasked quite a bit harder than most but they usually enjoy better benefits also from those special kids. At least that was our case.

    Our son Chad was born with Spina Bifida. Three surgeries the next day, 16 major ones overall, 40 extended stays in hospitals for one thing or another. Wheelchair bound most his life, no bladder or bowel control, couldn't speak much, and on and on.

    Never met a kid with so much love and joy for life. Taught us more than we could have ever taught him. He improved the quality of our life immeasurably. He was a lot of work over his short 16 years. Woke up one morning to find him in a coma. Long story short 30 days later he left this world for the next and we were without him. Losing him was worse than caring for him. Miss him every day. Glad he is finally healed but would do it all over again in a heart beat. A thousand people showed up at his celebration service because he had touched their life in a special way. I gave his eulogy and spoke of all he taught us over the years and how God used him to touch us and others. I pray your child will have this same impact on you and those around you. That can make it all worth while.
    She has already, but Thank you.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •