• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Finally! Some good news about my daughter.

Rachel has such an incredible laugh (and stinky feet :p ) that you just know she will keep making improvements. Hang in there kiddo and let us know if ther eis anything we can do to help.

I was talking with some friends on the FD last night. We were at a neighboring departmernts picnic and waterbarrel fights. I was telling the story of you Rachel. Funny, all of a sudden there was Off and other bug sprays being applied to their little ones.

Hmph......

Good to hear that Rachel is making progress in so many areas, Roy. We are all cheering for her. :clap

What is the auditory treatment? Most of these things work for some and not others, but are marketed as a panacea for all. You have worked so hard at finding treatments which will work for Rachel. She can't help but benefit from the deeply caring environment you provide.

Holly
Hi Holly :wave

It's called Berard AIT, and we have just started looking into it. I haven't even googled it yet.:laugh
We have to see if she meets the criteria. We are being cautious, but if we can swing it financially, and it offers some promise, (even .5 %) I can do without life's luxuries. The office here is 15 minutes from our house, but we will be checking this out thoroughly. We also try not to throw money away on "snake oil" type treatments. It is a difficult line to walk at times.

Rachel has such an incredible laugh (and stinky feet :p ) that you just know she will keep making improvements. Hang in there kiddo and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

You all just did.:heart
Thank you Josh and Barry. It's a beautiful day, I hope everybody is enjoying it. :thumb

I'm always so glad to read about Rachel's continued recovery. One step at a time.

Great meeting you in person if way too briefly.

Hugs!

Voni

Ait

Hi Holly :wave

It's called Berard AIT, and we have just started looking into it. I haven't even googled it yet.:laugh
We have to see if she meets the criteria. We are being cautious, but if we can swing it financially, and it offers some promise, (even .5 %) I can do without life's luxuries. The office here is 15 minutes from our house, but we will be checking this out thoroughly. We also try not to throw money away on "snake oil" type treatments. It is a difficult line to walk at times.

I just googled it and got 28,000 hits. At a cursory glance, it looks like something that would have helped some of the special ed kids I taught. Whether or not it will be appropriate for Rachael is something you will have to determine. It is so frustrating trying to find the right solution amongst all the promises.

Good luck.

Holly

It's good to hear things continue to looking up for Rachael. I met her for the first time this spring at the Pecitonica rally and immediately fell for that smile of hers :heart ..

:clap

Now that I have met you in person, I know exactly what you mean.
Thank you.

My wife and I were just saying the other day that everything we have done in our life that can be considered great, I mean really great has been things we did taking a chance and somehow overcoming the odds; each time it has happened, by all stats and feedback, we were supposed to lose. From career choices to the birth of our one and only Samuel, Nothing has been a sure bet, or handed to us on a platter.

Roy it is, I am afraid the same with you and your family. Except for ten times more heavy, and you stand proudly under this burden that has been shoved upon you and yours. It's the life of Job for you, my friend. At least you got your daughter, your son and your wife and YOU (don't forget to kiss em all everyday Roy) and you got lots of us nincompoops (friends) to kick along in the dirt trail of life with you, Roy; with you

Dale

Hi Dave, Thank you. Missed you at the Nat'l. Looking forward to seeing you again.
:wave

I'll see you in Tennessee. Maybe we could do the "2 out of 3 Gibson Guitar Tour"...Kalamazoo and Nashville, Bozeman will just have to wait.

Roy,

I'm sorry we didn't get more than a quick HI at the rally, but I know that Cheryl and I are glad to hear all of the progress Rachel is making. As parents this is by far the biggest fear we all have and your strength through this and your commitment is remarkable. I know there are low points to everything, but the attitude your family has to fighting through this is probably the best treatment that can be had. We look forward to more updates and the day we can meet you again, and Rachel as well, at a rally!

Cheers!:clap

Great news Roy! :clap You and Nancy are really an inspiration. We're going through some bad times with Mitch right now and whenever I get down I think of you guys and the improvements that Rachael is making. It helps me remember that light at the end of the tunnel isn't always a train.....

Back