• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Spring Ride in the PNW

B

BobMielke

When I heard the weather forecast was promising temps in the 70s and dry, sunny skies I had to go for a ride. Keep in mind I ride all year but only go for "joy" rides when the weather is decent. I'm still limited in Oregon as to the direction of my ride because the mountainous areas are still covered with snow. I headed to the coast where I can always count on good photographic content & a dozen great roads that will get you there. I stopped at the Columbia River Maritime Museum to see what kind of ships were moored along the coastline. The tourists were out in droves & everyone had a still or video camera in their hands. I stopped at my favorite breakfast place, The Berry Patch, located on hwy 30 a few miles from Astoria. All in all it was a fine day for just a short 180 mile round trip. As the weather gets better so will the rides.

283704202_TbhB4-L.jpg

Sounds good, Bob. I'm looking forward to better weather for you, too. I know it means lots more good pictures!

Back