• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Track school in Spokane

rob nye

Ritalin Poster Boy
Greetings,

For those who feel the need for speed in a controlled environment or simply want to improve their riding, PSSR (Pacific Super Sport Riders) will be providing track time during the rally.

This is not unsupervised mayhem, rather coaching is provided along with some classroom time.

If you have never been on the track this event can't be beat. For all riders track coaching can always provide benefits for our time on public roads.

To learn more about this opportunity follow this link

If you have any questions about the event contact PSSR directly

As director Mike Friedle would say: "Ride fast safely."

See you in Spokane,

track school

The track school will be held at Spokane Raceway Park a 2.5 mile road course about 20 minutes west of the rally site in Airway Heights, near Fairchild Airforce Base for people checking maps.

Although I haven't had the pleasure of testing the track myself, I have it on very good authority from several friends that the pavement is great and the track is challenging without being dangerous.

Pacific Super Sport Riders are out of Portland, Oregon and came highly recommended to us. I know anyone taking the day will have a wonderful time. I just wish I could go.

No one will notice if I'm gone for the day will they? Stand in for me at the rally, anyone?;)

Last edited:
Jackie:
If you can find a stand-in, come on out to the track. We will make it worth your while (oh yeah, bring helmet, boots, etc!)

Al Edwards
PSSR partner/instructor

I'd love to!

My hubbie is working on getting a group of friends together to partake, but has promised me a day in Portland after the rally is over. So, you'll probably see me at PIR sometime soon.

:bliss

Greetings,

I hear that there are still open spaces at the PSR track school to be held in Spokane during the national rally.

FWIW, the very first real time event that was born on this forum was the Midwest Track Day. It was reported that everyone had a fantastic time. You can read about it here and here .

For folks who think that they might not be "good enough" or "too old" for riding on a track there is a thread on the Yankee Beemer message board titled Granny Does Track Day which is a story by Muriel Farrington about her experience in New Hampshire.

The bottom line is that I have yet to hear anyone say track time was not worth the effort. The rally chair has worked hard to entice PSR to run this school just for us to provide folks with a rare opportunity to improve their skills in a controlled environment. I highly recommend track time and hope that this one is successful so we can try to include it in future rallies.

More information

See you in Spokane.

Best

I heard that the mighty K-Basa is considering testing out his new R12GS at the Thursday session. :burnout

I may also go for it but this would require a tire change as I will likely be arriving with TKC 80's on the rims and knobbies and track days really don't mix. :banghead

Any one else "on the fence" about participating?

Best,

Rob Nye
We're here, let's go!

There is going to be a tire vendor available as of Tuesday to do changes for those needing it done before their track day.

Oh, and those running on Wednesday will be allowed early admission into the rally on Tuesday.

Track School

I can't urge everyone enough to sign up for this track school!

I attended the Reg Pridmore CLASS school at Laguna Seca during the MOA National in '86 and carry what I learned with me to this day. It was the single most beneficial day I have ever spent on a motorcycle. If there was one thing that really stuck with me it was learning to feel my tires. I came away with a trust and feel for my tires that I had never experenced before. You'll learn a lot of other things as well - braking, proper line, SMOOTHNESS - but the that feel and trust in my tires was the standout for me.

So, do it! You'll be glad you did!

BTW, if it helps to sway anyone, several of my riding buddies and I have signed up for the Wed. session. I will have my pick-up there with tools, cold refreshments, and hopefully a sun shelter and chairs for everyone to use. Also, PSSR has discounted the price for us to $150.00 and $125.00 per day for any additional days you may want to do. At that price it just can't be beat!

See you at the track!! :wave

Chris, in sunny Spokane, WA

Re: Track School

Motoclass said:
BTW, if it helps to sway anyone, several of my riding buddies and I have signed up for the Wed. session. I will have my pick-up there with tools, cold refreshments, and hopefully a sun shelter and chairs for everyone to use. See you at the track!! :wave

Chris, in sunny Spokane, WA

Hmmm now I need to start thinking about my schedule. I do not think I will ride the track day, but just watch and enjoy some fun.

:idea

Brad, if you are going up to watch, make sure you stop for BBQ at the Longhorn Burger Stop in Airway Heights, a couple of miles from the track.

Unfortunately, the Burger Stop closed a couple of years ago, but the original Longhorn Barbecue place (just a few blocks from the Burger Stop in Airway Heights) is still going stong, with some of the best BBQ to be found!

Brad, you will have much more FUN doing than watching!:bliss

Jackie Hughes said:
Unfortunately, the Burger Stop closed a couple of years ago, but the original Longhorn Barbecue place (just a few blocks from the Burger Stop in Airway Heights) is still going stong, with some of the best BBQ to be found!
Burger Stop closed? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That was going to be our first stop when we got off the plane in Spokane for our August trip. Dang.

Jackie Hughes said:
Brad, you will have much more FUN doing than watching!:bliss

Agreed, but there is a limiting factor of tires and then the resultant money. I am trying to be fiscally responsible and know that I would need new tires for the track, but not for the ride back home. So I am trying to preserve the tire life.

Also I am not planning on getting to Spokane until mid day based on the current schedule... which also might change.

Back