• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Route 66 Lodging

swall

Doing a partial Route 66 trip this year from central Indiana to Tucumcari, NM. Thinking of doing a stopover in Chandler, OK, at the Lincoln Motel. Anyone ever stayed there? Comments?

Clinton, Oklahoma is home of the Route 66 museum, lots of motels and resturants. Its about 2 hours further down the road.

JON

Just a few miles further west is the intersection of old Route 66 and I-35. There are several hotels and restaurants located in the mile following that intersection (Edmond).

Gary

Clinton, Oklahoma is home of the Route 66 museum, lots of motels and resturants. Its about 2 hours further down the road.

JON

... we'll be there. Just found it on a search. We will be taking in a bit of 66 as we can on our upcoming adventure. The stretch through Ok, NM, AR and Nevada will be our modest quest. Will move on to the end of the road in L.A.. Then on to Santa Barbara for some Margaritas (again!). Don't know anyone there but really like the place. -Bob

Old 66;

Don't miss the sections in AZ for some good stuff, like Oatman,AZ and Hackberry, Seligman,etc., all in AZ. on 66. Santa Barbara is my day ride from home and don't miss our famed Hwy 1 north of S.barbara to Monterey. Its California's best coastal road. I'm dying to get back to Nova Scotia for some biking/sightseeing I missed when there two years ago on my beemer. Its a long ways and i don't know if I can ever get back, but its on the list for sure to see, with more time to do it:). I made a quick pass through your area last time and missed so much. Randy13233:thumb :usa

Don't miss the sections in AZ for some good stuff, like Oatman,AZ and Hackberry, Seligman,etc., all in AZ. on 66. Santa Barbara is my day ride from home and don't miss our famed Hwy 1 north of S.barbara to Monterey. Its California's best coastal road. I'm dying to get back to Nova Scotia for some biking/sightseeing I missed when there two years ago on my beemer. Its a long ways and i don't know if I can ever get back, but its on the list for sure to see, with more time to do it:). I made a quick pass through your area last time and missed so much. Randy13233:thumb :usa

Thanks for the 66 suggestions. We were on 1 going to Santa Barbara from SF in 2001 so now it's up from SB. Hope you do make it up this way again. Lots to see and do. Give us a call if you do. -Bob

SWALL
I have done the Mother Raod Rally, in June, 4 times (yes 4x). You have to make sure you make the effort to ride the older sections. Don't hug the I roads just cause it's there. Some of the old road is just a frontage road but still be on it. There is a renewal of the old kisch which is fun to see. Stay in the old L or U shaped motels. Get a six pack to share and sit in the chairs in front of your room and see what develops with the other folks. You'll find interesting folks also traveling.

R6T6 motels and eateries are generally plentiful if you are on the old road.

Report back on your trip.

Ben

Back