• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Food!!

toivok

SInce I have been riding, for almost 40 years, one of the main destinations on a majority of rides has been restaurants. I think that if we localized, within 100 mile radius of location, we could come up with a restaurant guide for the Beemer rider!

All that would be required is a restaurant name, location, and food choice ie breakfast, lunch etc.

Head the post with an area, mine would be Albany NY.

Suggestions?:eat

Gibby's Diner - best open faced turkey and mashed I have ever had (and I have had this at a LOT of diners.) Plus, as you already know, if you keep west on 7 and turn left on 30 south you will be treated to some incredible after diner roads!

OK, sorry for the pun ;) Here is a great list of real, old-school Diners in the Albany area to make up for it.

We had started a list a while back. I was putting it together in Excel so it was searchable but lost it when my old pc crashed.

Josh, weren't you helping with GPS coordinates?

Diners

Cafe On The Park, right in the middle of Hudson Falls NY! Breakfast was great and Rick, the proprietor will give you as much grief as you can handle!! It's like being with family!!

Toivo (T.J.):thumb

Hey Visian, thanks for the prompt!

www.unchainedworld.com has been set up just for this very thing.
We add mapping and GPS co ords to your recommends. In a while we'll be able to offer route planning with a 100 mile corridor of your ride, listing any unique restaurants, services and lodgings that fall within that region.

It's global too, so you can plan vacations to be unchained.

Take a trip to the site and see what you can add...the more the merrier.

(I'd be happy if BMWMOA wanted to add a link to Unchained...who do I talk to about that?)

Cheers.

Gibby's Diner - best open faced turkey and mashed I have ever had (and I have had this at a LOT of diners.) Plus, as you already know, if you keep west on 7 and turn left on 30 south you will be treated to some incredible after diner roads!

OK, sorry for the pun ;) Here is a great list of real, old-school Diners in the Albany area to make up for it.

Ted, I can't get the list from the link...also, if you can add them to Unchainedworld, that would be super.

(Can I say super, without it sounding to British?)

Back