• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1200LT Front Link shock

T

Timbis

Has anyone had any trouble with this shock? I have an 03 with 3k miles and this shock is leaking badly. I'm going to take it to the local dealer but wondered if others have discoverd this problem.

Are you sure its the shock and not the steering damper losing oil? The damper is more famous for failing than the shock absorbers.

I haven't taken anything off, figured the dealer should do that but the damper looks dry and clean while the shock it's self is oil soaked and is dripping with the majority of the oil located on the main body. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back