• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

After market windscreen choice

brewbaron

My butt hurts!!
I want to replace my windscreen and like to know what ones are you using. So far the choices I have found are, cee-bailey, parabellum and salt lake city bmw. How well do these perform as far as easing the buffeting from the stock screen.

Thanks
Frank

Frank Need so info

What bike are you putting the screen on? How fast do you ride? How is the buffeting effecting you? How much air flow do you want behind the screen? Which helmet do you use? JON

I'll put in a plug for Parabellum, at least from the customer service perspective. I had a minor 'incident' last fall near their headquarters in north Georgia, and busted my Parabellum. Since the bike was temporarily inoperable, I called them up, and Charly P., the owner, delivered an exact replacement windshield and had it installed in less than 45 min., and didn't charge me a nickel for labor. Plus he sent me some optional hardware after I got home -- again, no charge. Can't beat that...

'Fraid this doesn't answer your question on effectiveness on the F650, but it's a factor, IMHO...

John H.

Dark Cloud said:
Frank Need so info

What bike are you putting the screen on? How fast do you ride? How is the buffeting effecting you? How much air flow do you want behind the screen? Which helmet do you use? JON

1999 f-650 I guess it's the funduro, I ride alittle over the speed limit 5-10 over. The stock screen doesn't offer any protection ( although I ride a k1200lt ) I don't expect the coverage like my LT so I would like some air flow but don't want to fight the blast. I also wear a nolan n-100.

When I get the chance I want to do some long distance traveling like 400-500+ mile day untill I get to my destination and then the back country.
Hope that's enough info.

Frank

Back