Thread: R1200GS Tail light question

R1200GS Tail light question

Hi:

Ever since my wifes's 07 R1200GS was new it seemed to me that the tail light was brighter than my R1200GSA.

I took the cover off today and BOTH the filaments are on normally, when the brake is applied the top filament gets a lot brighter.

I checked my GSA and it works as I would expect, on filament for the tail light and one for the brake light.

Before I talk to the dealer (again) I just want to check that there is not supposed to be a difference between the GS and the GSA.

Thanks

Roger
    2011 R1200 GSA
    1972 R75/5
    2009 Triumph Thruxton
    MOA/IBA/AMA

I was told they did a software change on the newer 07's...I had an 05 and it had twelve volts to the taillight, the new set up has 12 for brake, but something below 6 for the tail light. My 05 Hyperlites would not function without a 12v source run to them since the tailight did not do it on the 07 GSA

What I understand anyways
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar
    Right, it was a software update.

I have avoided having it done because when you use both filiments for both functions the Brake LED light I have wont work.

Jim
    www.JVBProductions.com Now, all videos available via download or DVD, or USB for the Wethead.