• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200GS Tail light question

RogerA

Continually Confused
Hi:

Ever since my wifes's 07 R1200GS was new it seemed to me that the tail light was brighter than my R1200GSA.

I took the cover off today and BOTH the filaments are on normally, when the brake is applied the top filament gets a lot brighter.

I checked my GSA and it works as I would expect, on filament for the tail light and one for the brake light.

Before I talk to the dealer (again) I just want to check that there is not supposed to be a difference between the GS and the GSA.

Thanks

Roger

I was told they did a software change on the newer 07's...I had an 05 and it had twelve volts to the taillight, the new set up has 12 for brake, but something below 6 for the tail light. My 05 Hyperlites would not function without a 12v source run to them since the tailight did not do it on the 07 GSA

What I understand anyways

Right, it was a software update.

I have avoided having it done because when you use both filiments for both functions the Brake LED light I have wont work.

Jim :brow

Back