Thread: Rt 1200 Footpegs

Rt 1200 Footpegs

Has Anyone Tried The Lower Footpegs From Suburban Machinery. Did You Notice Much Difference In Comfort. Thanks

gulfcoastbeemer
    Quote Originally Posted by rayma60927 View Post
    Has Anyone Tried The Lower Footpegs From Suburban Machinery. Did You Notice Much Difference In Comfort. Thanks
    Yes, and no.

I'm 6'2". I thought I'd give them a try, so I rode an R1200RT that has lowered pegs.

I found that I actually prefer riding with the stock pegs -- especially when I'm in a tuck, forward on the seat, getting aggressive in the corners.

Lowered Pegs on a R1100RT

Quote Originally Posted by rayma60927 View Post
    I use lowered/forwarded pegs and love them. With a handle bar spacer I found I am more comfortable than the crouching position allows.

Pictures of the R1100RT

http://www.cyclecranks.com/BMW_R1100RT.html

Rt 1200 Footpegs

I have the suburban footpegs. Like them. Saves this old guys knees a bit.

Buck Lemme
    Southern Illinois

On the Road
    I've got the set for rider and passenger installed by BMW dealer. Don't know what make they are but they look like they were born there. Makes shifting more difficult and the dealer says they can install a different shift lever. I'm going to take off the riders and do without them.

Quote Originally Posted by MPATROVSKY View Post
    Makes shifting more difficult and the dealer says they can install a different shift lever. I'm going to take off the riders and do without them.

Either that or just rotate the shift lever down one notch.
    Bill Kenney
    Foster,RI